DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FStop Labs - not fair! SOLVED!

Anndybo

Reactions
So I ordered their ND filters back on September 6 from Amazon. Their filters dind't allow to put gimbal cover. FStop Labs contacted me here and offered free replacement with new designed filters in about 10 days. They sent me return label, shipped them back old filters. Today they apologize for delay with new filters and said will ship them about October 10. But they have it on Amazon!
I should just return them on Amazon! Now don't have any filters! Not good!

EDIT on Monday 10.08

PROBLEM SOLVED VERY FAST!
Wow, Fstop Labs reacted very quickly.
They sent me already old filters (will receive them tomorrow - with my job scheduled for Wednesday - great timing!)
and what even better, they sent me already new filters with scheduled delivery for Thursday.
Great customer service! THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
You sound like a really nice person...

FStop Labs from what I've seen are doing pretty well with their customer service so far. Not only are they offering a replacement, they heard your opinion and actually designed something new for you. I saw the same efforts with the multi chargers they offered.

Why they can't ship me new filters if they have them on Amazon? As Prime member I would have them in two days.
I trusted them. If I knew I would just made Amazon return and ordered new one.

EDIT: now they are out of stock!

Last edited:
So I ordered their ND filters back on September 6 from Amazon. Their filters dind't allow to put gimbal cover. FStop Labs contacted me here and offered free replacement with new designed filters in about 10 days. They sent me return label, shipped them back old filters. Today they apologize for delay with new filters and said will ship them about October 10. But they have it on Amazon!

It's not easy designing aftermarket DJI products when the product you are designing them for is a moving target..

Last edited:
F-stop has always done right be me.
I always try to purchase parts for my Mavic from them.
As for being a "Prime" member just remember it is Two days shipping .... Not two days Receiving ...meaning they will ship it in two days .!
When you receive it depends on other factors
......cR

Sorry to hear about your experience. I’m sure it’s very frustrating. That said all of my experiences with fstop have been very positive. Seems like they always try to do right by their customers. Unfortunately, it can’t work out 100% of the time but their reputation is stellar for good reason. I’m sure they are just as disappointed at the situation as yourself. Anyone who takes pride in their work would be and based on personal experience and second hand accounts they work very hard to satisfy each customer.

As for being a "Prime" member just remember it is Two days shipping .... Not two days Receiving ...meaning they will ship it in two days .!
When you receive it depends on other factors
......cR

not truth, Two day shipping on amazon mean you gonna get item in two days.
I'm buying a lot on Amazon, since 2006, it works perfect.
There is also Next day and Same day delivery for some items in my area.

FStop isn't going to have any of the new revision filters for the base package until then, that was the story last week as well. They do have the new version of the darker filters, and I already have those, but if you're wanting 4-16, you have to wait, we all have to wait.

If Amazon said they had that range specifically, they were incorrect.

I ordered from them over a week ago ago on Amazon.
Then and now it says free delivery Oct. 16 to Oct. 23.
Not a big surprise they haven't been shipped yet :)

All filter manufacturers seem to be waiting for all their supplies from the same supplier in China.

Why? I ordered from PolarPro and they will start shipping October 10th or 12th. Same time frame for FStop. And it seems same for others.

That is what make me feel all the filter companies are getting their supplies about the same time from the same supplier in China. And truth be told, it seems all those companies are having more demand than usual. Plus, us the consumers seem to be forcing them to rush with production. So, watch and see soon those who get it and not satisfied and start a new thread bashing one or 2 or more of these filters. It is coming real soon in this October.

Wait and see when we all receive our filters from all these different companies. Then we wait and see who will be the first to start a thread to complain about which filter.

It will happen. Believe me. Just a matter of time and who will start that thread.

Reactions: Supercaliber
I already have some interesting observations about one set that I'm not really going to mention until I do some testing. Visually there is a very noticeable difference about one of my filters in a set with one on each side appearing the same as one another.

THe reason that everything is arriving around the same time is because everyone started at the same time, and no one produces anything anywhere but China. The first to market have already re-designed theirs and are now waiting on revisions to get through production.

PolarPro, while not first to market, appears to have taken a little extra time on their design. IMO.

I will be posting full write-ups of the filters I have, I will have criticisms, I will have praise. I will post objective tests to the best of my abilities. There's nothing wrong with that, if anything it helps someone to find their own price point without having to try several manufacturers. That's not really bashing.

There are already several claims, IMO, that appear to be based on pure speculation... that ship has already sailed.

F-Stop did this for me actually having them sent from Amazon. Let them know you want to return to Amazon and maybe they will do the same. Either way they are great at customer service and most of all the filters are great.

so it turns really bad for me. They send me return label and I returned old filters already. If they can't ship new one I will not have filters for a while at all. They should send me label only if they were sure they can ship new filters.

You should PM them, and ask them for a refund.

This is the front edge of a brand new range of products. Everyone is trying as hard as they can to be as done as they can. Even PolarPro, the most premium supplier in this market segment (that I'm aware of) had some failures on this one. The drone has barely been announced for over a month.

Calm down. If you need the ability to get something perfect "RIGHT NOW" then, TBH, you should wait to buy whatever the second revision of any given thing. You are being a tad unrealistic.

Reactions: Turn11
You should PM them, and ask them for a refund.

It is not about refund.
I like their filters. Before I used their filters with my Mavic Air.
They were great. The one for M2P were great also.
I'm just dissatisfied I'm without filters now.
If I new I would not send them back the old one. I just need filters for my work.
Looks like they should send me my old filters back.

Hi Anndybo,

We apologize for the delay! Could you PM us your address and we will next day air you a set of old filters this Monday to use and keep (cannot fit over the gimbal), and will send you a new set around October 10th!

Hi Anndybo,

We apologize for the delay! Could you PM us your address and we will next day air you a set of old filters this Monday to use and keep (cannot fit over the gimbal), and will send you a new set around October 10th!
This is the kind of customer service I've come to expect from @fstop.labs ...Listens to customers and revises products willingly, No hassles, quick responses, satisfying resolutions...

so it turns really bad for me. They send me return label and I returned old filters already. If they can't ship new one I will not have filters for a while at all. They should send me label only if they were sure they can ship new filters.
I didn't return until I received the new ones..They said that was fine.

Hi Anndybo,

Awesome customer service!

Reactions: ssvdh66
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet