DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Full specs, RC compatibility, and more (48MP RAW, optional 47min battery) released via an early store listing

Do you guys finally understand why the mini 1 and 2 are basically the same drone now?

Image quality will be virtually the same as air2s also
This is false. Hyperbole at best. Just nonsense at worst.

The Mini-1 and Mini-2 are very distinct. Suggesting otherwise is just silly. Occusync alone makes them very distinct, and there's much more.

On Easter Sunday, I did flight tests and comparisons between the Mini-1, Mini-2, and Mini-SE, on the same day, in the same conditions. When was the last time you did that?

Even the Mini-1 and the Mini-SE are distinct, although much closer than the Mini-1/-SE and the Mini-2.

I'll send the results of my Easter Marathon tests as soon as I get the vids edited. The combined length of the vids is 1:12:53...my personal best!

:cool:

MM

Do you think that the Mavic Air 2 is better or worse than the Mini 3?
I mean in terms of camera and functionality, not weight and size.

This is false. Hyperbole at best. Just nonsense at worst.

The Mini-1 and Mini-2 are very distinct. Suggesting otherwise is just silly. Occusync alone makes them very distinct, and there's much more.

On Easter Sunday, I did flight tests and comparisons between the Mini-1, Mini-2, and Mini-SE, on the same day, in the same conditions. When was the last time you did that?

Even the Mini-1 and the Mini-SE are distinct, although much closer than the Mini-1/-SE and the Mini-2.

I'll send the results of my Easter Marathon tests as soon as I get the vids edited. The combined length of the vids is 1:12:53...my personal best!

MM

You are saying the pentium 2 is much better than the pentium 1, which is true. What I am saying though is that once you see the pentium 4, the 1 and 2 are basically the same thing.

Reactions: Korrd
I believe they are releasing an RC Pro "Lite" version with the Mavic mini 3
Is there a "DJI Controllers 101" that any of you can point me to? I'm trying to get a handle on all of the different versions, particularly the "Pro" versions. A list that would include features, price, and drone compatibility for each of them would be awesome.

When I saw the price in this listing, it gave me pause. $712 USD for the basic kit...drone, RC, and one battery. That's starting to push up into DJI FPV territory, and the FPV would give me vastly more "new stuff" beyond my current Mini fleet, than the Mini-3 would.

But with the confirmation that the Mini-2 controller will work with the Mini-3, that means I could spend just $635 for the basic-basic kit...drone plus one battery. Since I already have 3 Mini-2s, finding those controllers lying around will not be a problem...

Decisions, decisions...

MM

I see no reason to buy a mini 2 nor air 2S when I can get a mini 3 pro, which is cheaper and also able to have longer flight time than both of them, not to mention much better wind resistance then either of them combined
It all depends on what you want, and how much money matters to you. And how patient you are.

If you have an abundance of both money and patience, wait for the Mini-3, and get it.

I'll do a more thorough trade study based on these variables in the next week or so.

MM

In that case ‘the rest of you’ don’t know what you are talking about. A2S has worse wind resistance and actually by a very significant margin even.

A drone’s ability to frame/film the subject is tied to wind resistance.
And there we have it: You're personal, highly misleading, definition of wind resistance.

For the rest of the drone flying world, wind resistance has nothing to do with taking pictures, and everything with being able to maneuver and get your drone back.

The A2S beats the Mini 3 without breaking a sweat.

Reactions: EliteBleader
But with the confirmation that the Mini-2 controller will work with the Mini-3, that means I could spend just $635 for the basic-basic kit...drone plus one battery. Since I already have 3 Mini-2s, finding those controllers lying around will not be a problem...

Decisions, decisions...
Well heck, weren't you wading through piles or NC1's there on the rear flight deck? Thought I saw that in one of your pictures 😁

And there we have it: You're personal, highly misleading, definition of wind resistance.

For the rest of the drone flying world, wind resistance has nothing to do with taking pictures, and everything with being able to maneuver and get your drone back.

The A2S beats the Mini 3 without breaking a sweat.
You are wrong on that was well

You are wrong on that was well

NO!!! YOU ARE WRONG​

What are drone wind resistance levels?​

Drone wind resistance levels describe the ability of any drone to maintain its position against blowing wind. Drone wind resistance level is a number between 0 and 12 that describes the highest wind speed the drone can resist. The higher the number, the better stability a drone has in high wind conditions. For example, a drone with level 5 wind resistance is better than a level 4 drone in terms of handling itself in the windy air.

The wind resistance level of drones corresponds to theBeaufort scale that categorizes the wind speed into 12 categories.

Last edited:
You keep saying this, but it's your own personal definition, and therefore misleading.

The way the rest of us define it, the A2S has better wind tolerance, by a not insignificant margin.
So what's the conventional definition of wind resistance, the one that's in common use?

And how does the definition the OP uses differ from that?

Thx,

MM...F...

In that case ‘the rest of you’ don’t know what you are talking about. A2S has worse wind resistance and actually by a very significant margin even.

A drone’s ability to frame/film the subject is tied to wind resistance.

Let me put it like this, imagine Air3 has paper “70KM/h” wind resistance, however, even with 10KM/h winds it can only shoot with the camera tilted down at -50 degrees.
Would you say Air3 has better wind resistance as A2S?

By your current logic you would be forced to say yes. So what you and the rest of you currently think about wind resistance literally means nothing, sorry
So what, precisely, is your definition of wind resistance?

I'm looking for a definition that's clear an explicit enough that you can put a meter on a drone, and have it read out the value.

What's your formula?

MM

So what, precisely, is your definition of wind resistance?

I'm looking for a definition that's clear an explicit enough that you can put a meter on a drone, and have it read out the value.

What's your formula?

MM
Drone wind resistance is the ability of any drone to maintain its position against blowing wind.

If they are, I hope it will be compatible with the Air 2! I wanted to buy some kind of Smart Controller, but the ones on the market now either don't support the Air 2, or are way too expensive.
What do "Smart Controllers" do?

Thx,

MM...F...

No not really two versions,one version with a little bigger battery option at a latter date probably.
So there is only one version ,two options would have been a non pro ,and the pro model.
Fully consistent with the fuzzy definition of my original prediction!

MM...F...

Drone wind resistance is the ability of any drone to maintain its position against blowing wind.
That's the rigorous definition, but in practice specs for drones assume enough forward movement to be able to return, slowly, to the Home Point.

And, of course, this is vitally important to the pilot. Critical.

Wind messing up a shot is far far less important. Shooting awesome cinematic video while rivulets of sweat stream onto your smartphone screen, desperately hoping you have enough battery left to eek it back, going 3 mph groundspeed... That's what's on a pilot's mind when they are in a "maximum wind speed specification" situation.

I have an Air 2S, Mavic 3 and a RC Pro and I a considering buying the Mini 3 Pro but will wait to see the reviews before committing to buy the Mini 3 Pro. I have used the price's on your video and currency converted those price's to Canadian currency. Mini 3 Pro + Fly More Kit $1,262.00 CAD. Add GST and Provincial Tax (BC) and the total is $1,469.34. As I have the RC Pro I don't require a controller. $1,469.34 is a lot of money for a small drone with no controller. I want to see the wind tests as I live on Vancouver Island and fly a lot along the coast where we get a lot of days where I have to fly in the wind so the drone has to be able to deal with the wind. When viewing the Mini 3 Pro it appears that a landing pad will have to be used at times given that the landing nubs do not provide enough ground clearance. The Mini 3 Pro is overpriced but may be worth the price if you are using it outside your home country where severe restrictions for flying your drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk