DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fully loaded CPU message Issue

MavicFlyer

Reactions
Several weeks ago I began getting the following message:

Mobile device cpu fully loaded. Related performance will be degraded”, freezing/distorted video, and irregular response to control inputs.

My Configuration: Mavic Air with all latest versions of all firmware, DJI Go 4 current version, as of yesterday. iPhone 6, 64G, with current iOS 11.4.1.

First, I was surprised about the cpu loading since everything was running fine for several weeks after I bought the Mavic Air.

I killed all running apps except for Go, after a restart. I also disabled features in the app, such as caching, and did not turn on the screen recording, something I always did since day 1. No improvement.

I reinstalled firmware on the Mavic Air (including restart). No improvement.

All I can think of now is that there’s an issue with the DJI Go 4 app. Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas how to resolve? Anybody from DJI?

Several weeks ago I began getting the following message:

Mobile device cpu fully loaded. Related performance will be degraded”, freezing/distorted video, and irregular response to control inputs.

My Configuration: Mavic Air with all latest versions of all firmware, DJI Go 4 current version, as of yesterday. iPhone 6, 64G, with current iOS 11.4.1.

First, I was surprised about the cpu loading since everything was running fine for several weeks after I bought the Mavic Air.

I killed all running apps except for Go, after a restart. I also disabled features in the app, such as caching, and did not turn on the screen recording, something I always did since day 1. No improvement.

I reinstalled firmware on the Mavic Air (including restart). No improvement.

All I can think of now is that there’s an issue with the DJI Go 4 app. Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas how to resolve? Anybody from DJI?
Have you tried completely powering down your iPhone?
Yes

upload_2018-7-21_19-4-30.png
Here’s a link to part of the video:

Obviously this precludes using the drone for anything meaningful.

Just to add some data, My normal phone I use for flights when I don't want to use the ipad (iPhone7) was getting the battery replaced so I used my old 6. I went through 4 batteries on my air without issue.

I just had the battery replaced on it about a month ago.

Just to add some data, My normal phone I use for flights when I don't want to use the ipad (iPhone7) was getting the battery replaced so I used my old 6. I went through 4 batteries on my air without issue.
What was the software configuration on the iPhone 6? iOS version? Go 4 version?

iOS .11.4 Go4 .22

I randomly get this same message flying my MP using an iPad Mini 4. No background apps, Airplane mode, No cache. It has work fine for the last two years, but this message will pop up randomly.
Following!

Reactions: Rockisy
Hmmmm hope I dont have the same issues.
Ive just bought an ipad mini4 to try and resolve similar problems Ive been having on the android.
If I do have problems the mavic is going back to the store for a full refund.
Does anyone know if I can get a refund on my care refresh purchase if I return the drone?

Hmmmm hope I dont have the same issues.
Ive just bought an ipad mini4 to try and resolve similar problems Ive been having on the android.
If I do have problems the mavic is going back to the store for a full refund.
Does anyone know if I can get a refund on my care refresh purchase if I return the drone?
I had a Spark a few months ago, and it had a gimbal problem. I was within the return period from BestBuy, who gave me a refund. I called DJI and got a full refund from them as well, with no problems.

FWIW, I’ve heard that iOS devices have fewer problems than Android.

Are you caching flights? With auto delete? Or disable it all together.

Flights? What is this mysterious thing you speak of?.
Im new to all this mumbo jumbo and technical jargon.
Ive had my expensive coffee table ornament for almost a month now and the only thing that gets high around this place is me.
And yes cache has been disabled all together in fact the whole thing is disabled, but at least its still all together.

All jokes aside though, Im not game to fly it until I can work out a way to attach homing beacons, a tracking device, some form of flotation and a parachute.

I randomly get this same message flying my MP using an iPad Mini 4. No background apps, Airplane mode, No cache. It has work fine for the last two years, but this message will pop up randomly.
Following!

Same here. I fly with airplane mode off. Doesn't seem to affect anything. I think the App just likes throwing up random warnings every now and then!

Have the same issue with my MP ans IPad mini 2....
Worked really fine and smooth until a few weeks, and a new djigo4 update...
So now, I have this message every 2-3 flights/5, after a few minutes flying, and the iPad is goin vert hot...when it occurs, video return is very lagging , and sometimes it just freezes for maybe 10sec, then come back a few sec and freezes again...
All that even if I disabled all caching or recording options....

I was flying with an Android device last months , and I always had some freezing/disconnections issues, with no way to reconnect to the MP, had to land it without camera viewing, then restart the whole thing and take off again , praying everything will be fine...
With the iPad, I never had any disconnections issues, except that ...I thought it as due to the fact that iPad mini 2 becomes an "old" device, but if you get the same issue with a IPad mini 4 , its not really due to my ipad, but mostly due to the app I think...

However, I went to fly over a lake last week, and I was looking for a good and safe place to take off/land. So I drove a few minutes under a hard sun, with my iPad on the passenger seat. When I took it to switch it on and fly, the iPad was very hot due to the sun, and the message that the CPU is fully loaded appears immediately after connecting drone to RC. I tryed to fly, but video was way too laggy for a safe flight...

So, I decided to buy litchi app and it never heated my iPad hot like a coal and never freezes...even this day, where the iPad was very hot...

Maybe this message appears when the mobile device becomes too hot, that can occurs more often during summer and hot days...?

Very interesting read. Every time I visit these threads, I become more firmly convinced that the problem is in the GO 4 app.

My problem first appeared on my iPhone 6. I turned off caching, killed all the background apps, cleared all the memory (power button until slide appears, hold home button for 5 seconds), and nothing helped.

I repeated the above using my iPad Mini2, and saw the same kind of problems. I’m suspecting that GO 4 app is inefficient, but the extra resources of the current version of mobile devices - like iPhone 8 - have the horsepower to make up for it.

I had a Spark a few months ago, and it had a gimbal problem. I was within the return period from BestBuy, who gave me a refund. I called DJI and got a full refund from them as well, with no problems.

FWIW, I’ve heard that iOS devices have fewer problems than Android.

So you got two refunds for one unit . Double of what you paid now is in your pocket . ?

Thats odd because bestbuy (Canada anyways) their return policy is unopened drones only in 30 days Once its opened its your problem. You can deal with the manufacturer directly
So you got two refunds for one unit . Double of what you paid now is in your pocket . ?

I've had the same issue with my LG V30. I have never gotten a CPU overload message but the pixelation and crappy/laggy video will happen on occasion. With Android I've always had random disconnects but for awhile that went away, recent Android and Go4 updates have brought it back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803