DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fun story

1hander

Reactions
ive been flying electric,petrol,nitro, for over 30 years i actually learned to fly helis with no tailrotor gyro back when ball bearing gyros were all the rage,,lol

about 10 years ago transitioned to very large turbine powered helis and tonight i made the stupidest..est
mistake i have ever made , ive made some doozies but this one was good..

the moon was full tonight and i wanted to try to get some pics before the cloud cover rolled in..so i hurriedly set the mavic on top of the corvette and started it...WHAT AN IDIOT...i ignored the compass and imu warnings...started the motors and i hesitated for just a second and lifted off... immediately it was what appeared to be full left aileron and full back elevator...it was goin like a blender over the vette, the x5 and the 540i...and the wifes truck parked in the street, i was more worried about scratching or denting my cars ....i had nowhere to go. LMFAO...

my kid runs for cover and is laughing out loud, i managed to get it over the grass of the front yard while it was still flying backwards and pirouetting left, i had the sticks almost maxed in opposite directions to counteract.. but it was still out of control..i had just enough forward elevator to slow it just a bit..and applied full right rudder putting into a slow left and to the rear pirouette

then full down left stick and it slowly descended to about 1 foot above the ground and sat there gracefully pirouetting in a 5 foot diameter rear left piroutte as i watched...more full down stick and it slowly settled to the ground , hung in the grass and slowly rolled over...i thinked i almost passed out cuz i was holding my breath LOL...

and my son says....and with one **** hand...
flying 3d with helis is what saved that one...that was the most fun ive had in a while..ill never understand how i can forget things from one second to the next , but when it counts i can pull miracles from thin air.. i think it was more muscle memory in my hand than talent, after crashing my fist 15k turbine heli and watching it burn i accepted that things are going to happen, but when things go bad, you just have to try ...all the way to the ground

anyway ..fly safe fellas, and keep it fun...otherwise whats the point

rick

Last edited:
Reactions: mnis and rfc
Learjet stays at the airport dickhead

I guess i see now that i reread my post that it came across snobby.. But im not that kinda person..

The 540 is 2000.. The first car i bought new. Its been all over the world with me and never let me down.
The x5 is a 2006 with transmission problems
The vette is an 05 with problems of its own.. Everything i have i bought with hard work and sacrifice....i make no apologies for that... They are hardly learjet material.. But hey its a free country and everyone is free to be an ******* there bud..

To anyone else im sorry if thst came across snobby..im just a poor ahole that saves his money to get the things i need and or want

Good day

Reactions: mnis
No need to be sorry because you gathered some toys .
If someone gets bent out of shape that’s there problem not yours .

I guess i see now that i reread my post that it came across snobby.. But im not that kinda person..

The 540 is 2000.. The first car i bought new. Its been all over the world with me and never let me down.
The x5 is a 2006 with transmission problems
The vette is an 05 with problems of its own.. Everything i have i bought with hard work and sacrifice....i make no apologies for that... They are hardly learjet material.. But hey its a free country and everyone is free to be an ******* there bud..

To anyone else im sorry if thst came across snobby..im just a poor ahole that saves his money to get the things i need and or want

Good day
Liked your 2nd response better.
Just a bit of fun.
You are obviously a decent man and not an Ahole .
Perhaps i should say sorry for my comment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22