DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab Elite with MP: Ready to go / Disconnect No Signal Issue

RAMJET-1

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots. I am currently using a Huawei Raven with no issues. My wife bought me a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab Elite for my MP/RC. Everything worked fine the first couple times I used it, with no issues at all. Then I used my phone the next few times cause I forgot the tab at home. Anyhow the next time I used it everything was normal as before, with the exception of ONE problem I am constantly having now when using the Tab Elite is in the top left screen its "Ready to go GPS" and after a few seconds it changes to "Disconnected no signal". I have tried everything that I can think of, different cords, etc.... I do have developer/USB debug enabled. Just to make sure I didn't inadvertently change something that caused this, I blew it away and did a factory reinstall. So far, nothing has worked. If anyone has any suggestions please, please let me know. I love the large screen view and would very much rather use the 7" tablet instead of my 5" phone.

Howdy RAMJET-1, I would check the cable where it meets the tablet, all the Samsung's I have owned have been week there. Are you running the cord from the bottom USB (that helps a lot) after that I would check your GPS settings (on your tablet). The only other thing I can think of is the new firmware updates may have gummed something up. That is a sweetheart of a wife you got there.
Regards,
-d.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAMJET-1
Howdy RAMJET-1, I would check the cable where it meets the tablet, all the Samsung's I have owned have been week there. Are you running the cord from the bottom USB (that helps a lot) after that I would check your GPS settings. The only other thing I can think of is the new firmware updates may have gummed something up. That is a sweetheart of a wife you got there.
Regards,
-d.

Hi Bunny Too,
I am using the bottom USB on the RC with the original Samsung cord. I've tried the cord that I use with my phone too since I know it works. I did read in another thread to make sure that the tablet isn't trying to charge its battery when connected to the RC. Well, the charging indicator (jaggy line) is present when connected and disappears when I unplug it. I have looked in the settings menu but so far haven't found anyway to disable this function. As far as the GPS settings, I have it set to "device only".
And yes, she actually surprised me when she came home from shopping and gave it to me. :cool:

Hi Bunny Too,
I am using the bottom USB on the RC with the original Samsung cord. I've tried the cord that I use with my phone too since I know it works. I did read in another thread to make sure that the tablet isn't trying to charge its battery when connected to the RC. Well, the charging indicator (jaggy line) is present when connected and disappears when I unplug it. I have looked in the settings menu but so far haven't found anyway to disable this function. As far as the GPS settings, I have it set to "device only".
And yes, she actually surprised me when she came home from shopping and gave it to me. :cool:
The battery will charge no matter what, I do not think they have fixed (or can be fixed.) I will keep thinking but right now I am stumped. You could always try the Lichie (sp?) app, that is a $20 investment.
Regards,
-d.

The battery will charge no matter what, I do not think they have fixed (or can be fixed.) I will keep thinking but right now I am stumped. You could always try the Lichie (sp?) app, that is a $20 investment.
Regards,
-d.

I will try changing the "Location mode" to High Accuracy when I get home this afternoon and see what happens. My phone is set to High Accuracy.

Thanks Bunny Too

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78