DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab S2

It's an SM-T710. Running Android 7.0 (PoseidonROM v1.0), DJI 4.2.16. Just got tired of trying to tweak the system to work. Which model are you running?

sm-t713 rooted with lineageos 15.1

not sure if the fact that it's a 713 or that it's rooted with lineageos 15.1 - but it makes a difference...

Well the processor in the SM-T713 changed to a more powerful octa-core processor with the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 (aka 620) processor with a more powerful Qualcomm Adreno 510 graphics processor alongside it. The SM-T710 has an octa-core Samsung Exynos 5433 processor and Mali-T760 graphics processor. Suspect the extra horsepower is helping you out. Always felt like the processor load was just to much to handle for the SM-T710.

Has anyone found a solution for this. My Tab S2 is SM-T713 with Andriod 7.0 and I have to go into developer options and switch USB back to RNDIS every time I turn on the controller. Sometimes I have to do it multiple times to get DGI Go to connect.

Has anyone with a T713 Tab S2 8", upgraded their tablet firmware to most recent release this year? My tab keeps nagging me to update the firmware but I'm concerned it will make things go from okay to worse.
Specifically build Nov 30 2016 Build Number T713XXU2APK6 listed in "Settings" "About Device"
yes I accidentally upgraded, running T713 no problems ever, except if I don't start things in the correct order. change USB setting in option s, power off tablet, plug tablet into controller, start controller, start magic, wait till the controller says ready, start tablet, start Go4, go fly:) be safe, be smart, be courteous.

Reactions: KatManDEW
yes I accidentally upgraded, running T713 no problems ever, except if I don't start things in the correct order. change USB setting in option s, power off tablet, plug tablet into controller, start controller, start magic, wait till the controller says ready, start tablet, start Go4, go fly:) be safe, be smart, be courteous.
I don't have to power the tablet off after changing the USB setting. I can usually get away with turning off the controller, shutting down DJI Go, changing the USB setting, and then turning the controller back on. But sometimes I have to do that two or more times, and it's very frustrating and inconvenient, especially when I am being rushed to accomplish the task at hand.

I might pickup a Tab S3 this week and give it a try. If it works I will return the Tab S2.

I don't have to power the tablet off after changing the USB setting. I can usually get away with turning off the controller, shutting down DJI Go, changing the USB setting, and then turning the controller back on. But sometimes I have to do that two or more times, and it's very frustrating and inconvenient, especially when I am being rushed to accomplish the task at hand.

I might pickup a Tab S3 this week and give it a try. If it works I will return the Tab S2.
its odd theres so many variables with the s2,mine connects with no issues,i can even disconnect the rc or s2 and it promptly reconnects

If i alter the sequence at all i will have an issue, whether it is connecting or losing connection in the middle of a flight . So i just do my thing, no problems.

If i alter the sequence at all i will have an issue, whether it is connecting or losing connection in the middle of a flight . So i just do my thing, no problems.
and you are also caching/recording to your tablet vid footage no probs?

Yes, no problems with recording either. The hassle of the android tab s2 is just that, but the quality of the tablet display is worth it. IMO

its odd theres so many variables with the s2,mine connects with no issues,i can even disconnect the rc or s2 and it promptly reconnects
Same here, no issue whatsoever. Is your S2 T715Y by any chance?

I got a Tab S3 today. It worked perfectly right out of the box. I didn't 't have to do anything to the USB settings. I can shut the controller off and turn it back on and it reconnects to DJI Go, every time.

I am going to return the Tab S2.

Reactions: conchman
I got a Tab S3 today. It worked perfectly right out of the box. I didn't 't have to do anything to the USB settings. I can shut the controller off and turn it back on and it reconnects to DJI Go, every time.

I am going to return the Tab S2.
The S3 is a 9.7 inch tab right? Does it fit in the RC normally or you need a special attachment?

The S3 is a 9.7 inch tab right? Does it fit in the RC normally or you need a special attachment?
I just realized that I'm in the wrong forum, because I was looking for solutions for the Tab S2.... I am flying the P4P. The Tab S3 just fits in the mobile device holder. And larger would not fit.

I just realized that I'm in the wrong forum, because I was looking for solutions for the Tab S2.... I am flying the P4P. The Tab S3 just fits in the mobile device holder. And larger would not fit.
tab s3 never came in 8" flavor...how does yours fit in the RC? it cannot fit anything bigger then 8"'...

Same here, no issue whatsoever. Is your S2 T715Y by any chance?
Im late to the game but heres my S2 story: bought a tab S2 at costco, SM-T813. (No Y on the number). Within 20 minutes of opening it I had Go4 app installed, tried to connect to RC and AC. Constant looping question box about making this the normal Usb action for this device. Once I got that cleared off it just hung there and wouldnt connect to RC. I even changed the usb port config in developer mode to no avail. I think I’ve narrowed it down to those running 7.0 on Tab S 2, either 8” or 9.4”. Anybody found a permanant solution to this issue? If not, its going back to Costco. Doesn’t seem to be all S2’s, but there is quite a bit of internet chatter about the problem so im not imagining it.

Try rebooting the Tab after having everything else turned on and connected. That's pretty much what I had to do with the Tab E. Since I have a P3, I needed Go 3 and Go 4, so those 2 as well as Airmap competed for the USB. If you select to always run Go4 with that USB connection, you may get more stability. In development section, there may be an option for USB security. Disable that.

Change your tablet to Ethernet under developer. Turn on airplane mode, turn off tablet. Plug into rc, turn on rc, turn on ac, when they are connected, turn on tablet, launch Go4. ALWAYS works for me.

I inadvertantly upgraded my tab s2 8" T713 to 7.0 Noughat today, crap. So i went and tried to fly my MP and unbelievably, not one problem. Went through 3 batteries and no app crashes. Did my normal procedure for android device sequence. Hope it is not a fluke.
Did the same thing, and No problems. Whew....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS