DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab S2

I believe the cable issue came in with the software update to nougat which is why yours may have worked already which is why I was toying with the idea of rolling it back.
And by coincidence I actually turned off video caching anyway just because I couldn't figure out a use for it & the tablet didn't seem to be saving any of this for me anyway. What is the reason for wanting this enabled might I ask?
And I think the lineage is beta for my t713 too but it is supposed to be stable & bloat free but at this stage I will be keeping an open mind & look into all options including your fix

I believe the cable issue came in with the software update to nougat which is why yours may have worked already which is why I was toying with the idea of rolling it back.
And by coincidence I actually turned off video caching anyway just because I couldn't figure out a use for it & the tablet didn't seem to be saving any of this for me anyway. What is the reason for wanting this enabled might I ask?
And I think the lineage is beta for my t713 too but it is supposed to be stable & bloat free but at this stage I will be keeping an open mind & look into all options including your fix

Two scenarios for the Video Cache:

1) Being able to do a quick video review of flight while still on-site to make sure you got what you think you got without further draining MavicPro batteries
2) If you lose MavicPro could help with trying to figure out what went wrong and maybe limit location you need to search for it

One last thing I am going to try. Since rooting and putting on new ROM, I am going to do a complete cleaning and re-installation of DJI4 GO app to make sure there is no old cruft coming into play.

I inadvertantly upgraded my tab s2 8" T713 to 7.0 Noughat today, crap. So i went and tried to fly my MP and unbelievably, not one problem. Went through 3 batteries and no app crashes. Did my normal procedure for android device sequence. Hope it is not a fluke.

Sorry to revive this old thread. I've just sold my S7edge and bought a used Tab S2 815Y as a dedicated tablet for flying. The S7 edge screen is great, but too small, that's why I sold it and get the Tab S2 8". My other devices for flying are iPhone 6+, 7+, and Mini 3. None can compare with the AMOLED screen for bright outdoor sun.

I was also hoping that with the Tab S2, I'll get both the small map window and "radar" window at the same time, like with ipad mini. Unfortunately, with the Tab S2 I got exactly the same screen like on the phone: we have to toggle between radar or map. My question to those of you who use Tab S2 8", do you get the "phone" screen (just one small window on the bottom left corner) or "tablet" screen (2 small windows on the bottom corners)?

BTW with this tablet, I don't need any particular sequence to connet to Go4. I can even open Go4 first before turning on the RC.
I get both screens T713, love it. I must startup in the correct sequence or the Go4 app fails every time.

I have the 710 and have had no issues. If I do, I plan on putting on a custom ROM. I did solve the RC charging the S2 by rooting and installing an app. Stops the charging but I have to reboot to turn it on. See Working setups (phone and tablet)

Good to know about the video cache. I think mine is off but I will check. Any different behavior between cache using internal memory vs SD?

I have the 710 and have had no issues. If I do, I plan on putting on a custom ROM. I did solve the RC charging the S2 by rooting and installing an app. Stops the charging but I have to reboot to turn it on. See Working setups (phone and tablet)

Good to know about the video cache. I think mine is off but I will check. Any different behavior between cache using internal memory vs SD?

By default, it is storing to internal storage. I see the option to go to SD but never used that. I would think internal storage would be faster than the SD card.

Sorry to revive this old thread. I've just sold my S7edge and bought a used Tab S2 815Y as a dedicated tablet for flying. The S7 edge screen is great, but too small, that's why I sold it and get the Tab S2 8". My other devices for flying are iPhone 6+, 7+, and Mini 3. None can compare with the AMOLED screen for bright outdoor sun.

I was also hoping that with the Tab S2, I'll get both the small map window and "radar" window at the same time, like with ipad mini. Unfortunately, with the Tab S2 I got exactly the same screen like on the phone: we have to toggle between radar or map. My question to those of you who use Tab S2 8", do you get the "phone" screen (just one small window on the bottom left corner) or "tablet" screen (2 small windows on the bottom corners)?

BTW with this tablet, I don't need any particular sequence to connet to Go4. I can even open Go4 first before turning on the RC.

The radar will show up automatically if you have a high enough screen resolution. I have the T710 and if I put the Display zoom on "Small" or "Medium" (Two left most settings on the slider under settings->display->Screen Zoom and Font->zoom) I get both displays. If I zoom in to anything larger, I only get the map display.

Reactions: Porto
The radar will show up automatically if you have a high enough screen resolution. I have the T710 and if I put the Display zoom on "Small" or "Medium" (Two left most settings on the slider under settings->display->Screen Zoom and Font->zoom) I get both displays. If I zoom in to anything larger, I only get the map display.
ah nice you figured that out.

I get both screens T713, love it. I must startup in the correct sequence or the Go4 app fails every time.

If you install the custom ROM Lineage 15.1, you don't need to do the start sequence. It connect properly every time. Works well. I still prefer my Ipad mini4 because it fits in the controller without any adapter, but S2 works well (I have the 813 model, 9.7inch). Only limitation on Android, if you fly more than 100K feet or so, the flight log will not save. Most people aren't doing that, but some of us long range flyers go over 20miles total distance regularly.

Thanks for the info :)

Two scenarios for the Video Cache:

1) Being able to do a quick video review of flight while still on-site to make sure you got what you think you got without further draining MavicPro batteries
2) If you lose MavicPro could help with trying to figure out what went wrong and maybe limit location you need to search for it

One last thing I am going to try. Since rooting and putting on new ROM, I am going to do a complete cleaning and re-installation of DJI4 GO app to make sure there is no old cruft coming into play.

Ok, have flown multiple times, multiple batteries and been utilizing the Quick Shoots and Panorama functions heavily with no issues. Usually this would lead to a disconnect or the app to crash. I did do a clean install of the DJI GO app but the key difference is I have left video caching off. I am going to leave it off and keep flying. I'll update if I run into any issues but seems very stable now.

Hey guys,
Recently purchased Tab S2 version T713 for use with my mavic pro. I've also encountered the no connect issue. Here's the fix that works for me every time now with no issues. No more rebooting and if you disconnect the cable it will reconnect immediately.
For this you need to root tour tablet and install the Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM. This will give you stock Oreo Android without all the crapware.
However, before doing this make sure you understand what rooting will do to your tablet
Good Luck!

Hey guys,
Recently purchased Tab S2 version T713 for use with my mavic pro. I've also encountered the no connect issue. Here's the fix that works for me every time now with no issues. No more rebooting and if you disconnect the cable it will reconnect immediately.
For this you need to root tour tablet and install the Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM. This will give you stock Oreo Android without all the crapware.
However, before doing this make sure you understand what rooting will do to your tablet
Good Luck!
thank you. i have the 713. it's making me crazy with not connecting to the dji app.

do you have a rooting for dummies i can use?

thank you

thank you. i have the 713. it's making me crazy with not connecting to the dji app.

do you have a rooting for dummies i can use?

thank you
Just Google "tab s2" lineage os. I beleive it works a treat

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S2 8.0" (SM-T710) and laid down the Poseidon v1.0 ROM. LineageOS ROM only has Beta version for T710. Just did some flight testing with my MavicPro. Put the tablet in Airplane Mode and turned Video Caching off in DJI4 GO app. Ran it through all the QuickShot modes which usually caused the DJI4 GO app to crash. No issues. Ran through multiple iterations and I couldn't get it to crash or lock up. So I then turned Video Caching back on. Doing just regular flying with video recording, app loses connection with MavicPro. RTH and even at close proximity app still says "Aircraft Disconnected". RC was fine and fully functional the entire time. Had to kill the app, unplug USB and re-plug to get it to communicate again. Tried to do a QuickShot mode and the app crashed. Turned Video Caching back off and did another regular flight and a QuickShot and it all worked fine. Confirmed I have plenty of space on my internal storage. Suspect that the Video Caching puts too much overhead on this tablet to keep up. So now I am trying to decide how bad I want that Video Caching which means going to iPad Mini 4 ($$$) or just living with that feature disabled.

BTW, never had a problem with the tablet recognizing when I plugged to USB in from RC. Always asked if I wanted to start DJI GO 4 app with standard Samsung ROM and rooted ROM. Didn't have to do anything special.

BTW2 Going to open source ROM allows you to also get rid of a lot of the Samsung bloatware and kill unnecessary services.
Has anyone had the video caching problem with the sm-t713? Or just the 710? Thx

Ok, have flown multiple times, multiple batteries and been utilizing the Quick Shoots and Panorama functions heavily with no issues. Usually this would lead to a disconnect or the app to crash. I did do a clean install of the DJI GO app but the key difference is I have left video caching off. I am going to leave it off and keep flying. I'll update if I run into any issues but seems very stable now.
Ok, so with video caching off I had better performance but still experienced the app crashing intermittently after an extended period of time. So...I bit the bullet and got an iPad Mini 4. Hate to say it but it is rock solid. Have been able to exercise all flight modes for extended periods of time with video caching on and have had no issues. I am even able to render pano shots while in flight and had no issues. That always killed my S2. Using the latest firmware and IOS. If you can't beat them, join'em.....

Ok, so with video caching off I had better performance but still experienced the app crashing intermittently after an extended period of time. So...I bit the bullet and got an iPad Mini 4. Hate to say it but it is rock solid. Have been able to exercise all flight modes for extended periods of time with video caching on and have had no issues. I am even able to render pano shots while in flight and had no issues. That always killed my S2. Using the latest firmware and IOS. If you can't beat them, join'em.....

Hi vadar.

Did you have the 710 or 713 samsung. Also which android OS version? I'm currently using the 713 with the lineagos 15.1 and dji apk 4.22 with zero issues so far. Smooth like butter. I've been out twice so far approx 10 mins at a time..and going to do a 3d longer flight today.

It's an SM-T710. Running Android 7.0 (PoseidonROM v1.0), DJI 4.2.16. Just got tired of trying to tweak the system to work. Which model are you running?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan