DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Garden Set-up

MiMo28

Reactions
Hi Guys
I should be getting my first drone (Mavic 2 Pro) next week and I would like to ask a couple of questions if I may.
I live close enough to two airports in UK and I cannot fly nearby my house or nearby big green areas because of restrictions.
What I would like to ask is, if anyone knows if I can do the set up in my back garden by let it hoover not more than the height of my fence which is about 1.8 metres.
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Thank you Raven
WOW! Ok that is what I thought but didn't want to believe.
Will need to find a quite place to do it then.

Thank you Raven
WOW! Ok that is what I thought but didn't want to believe.
Will need to find a quite place to do it then.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA. Enjoy your new M2P, fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: MiMo28
You may sometimes be able to start motors in a red zone. At least my Mavic air does. This may have something to do with it originating in Philippines or DJI not having their geofence quite accurate. Do not IMHO rely on one source for restrictions but use multiple and phone the airport's if in any doubt. UK sairpirts are very kind if you ring them and don't shower you with jargon to make you seem stupid. Even quite big regional ones

You may sometimes be able to start motors in a red zone. At least my Mavic air does. This may have something to do with it originating in Philippines or DJI not having their geofence quite accurate. Do not IMHO rely on one source for restrictions but use multiple and phone the airport's if in any doubt. UK sairpirts are very kind if you ring them and don't shower you with jargon to make you seem stupid. Even quite big regional ones
Thanks Bruce

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp