DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Garmin Glo 2

Sheppie

Reactions
Just ordered a Garmin Glo 2 to go along with my Ipad Mini 5 wifi only. Don't really need it but what the heck. Will be nice to use on trips.

Reactions: rehkram
I have a Kindle Fire HD 10, no GPS. I've hacked the interface to get rid of all the Amazon stuff and can sideload apps to it. I'd use it in my vehicles if I could run navigation apps but they need GPS. At present it just sits gathering dust, nice as the display is.

I have a Kindle Fire HD 10, no GPS. I've hacked the interface to get rid of all the Amazon stuff and can sideload apps to it. I'd use it in my vehicles if I could run navigation apps but they need GPS. At present it just sits gathering dust, nice as the display is.
Sounds like an item that you could use.

I’ve been using the Garmin Glo2 for about a year now. It helps you get satellites faster and get more of them.

Reactions: Capt KO
Not sure if this is a result of the Garmin Glo but just took a short 15 minute flight and was connected to 21 satellites at one time. Aircraft location icon was dead on the whole flight using a Ipad Mini 5 wifi only.

But this is good information for someone that bought the non-cellular version and may be past the return window or something like that.
Other BT external GPS devices have been available for Wifi only iPads for years, used by real pilots in aircraft, for supplemental telemetry during flight, so the separate GPS receiver can be placed in a window away from the iPad itself. Both Bad Elf and Dual Electronics have been making such devices for at least 10 years. Garmin recently started competing in this market at the low end, without the digital display of the Bad Elf devices.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty