DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GB size storage

beeflyin

Reactions
Do you use more than 64GB storage on ipad mini 5? Hoping 64 is enough, since using sd card anyway.

I don't use any that big in the drone... do use a few 16's and a couple 32's though.

Like most such choices, it depends on how you intend to use it. I’m typing on a 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9 with 32GB of storage, and it hasn’t been a problem.

However, video files are big, and if you intend to edit video on an iPad, which can work really well, more storage might be helpful. But still, that depends on whether you have daily access to a laptop/desktop, or use cloud storage, because a single typical drone video project is likely under 5GB. If you want to keep a lot of video stored long-term on an iPad you could consider more than 64GB.

My son would always say “get all the storage you can”, he would want all his digital content always available wherever he is.

The cost premium to get up to 256GB seemed too steep for me. I just ordered a Mini 5 (currently discounted at Best Buy), and went with the 64GB version. Your mileage may vary! There are probably other reasons to choose 64 or 256, but that’s how it seemed to me in how I use a tablet.

Reactions: beeflyin
Like most such choices, it depends on how you intend to use it. I’m typing on a 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9 with 32GB of storage, and it hasn’t been a problem.

However, video files are big, and if you intend to edit video on an iPad, which can work really well, more storage might be helpful. But still, that depends on whether you have daily access to a laptop/desktop, or use cloud storage, because a single typical drone video project is likely under 5GB. If you want to keep a lot of video stored long-term on an iPad you could consider more than 64GB.

My son would always say “get all the storage you can”, he would want all his digital content always available wherever he is.

The cost premium to get up to 256GB seemed too steep for me. I just ordered a Mini 5 (currently discounted at Best Buy), and went with the 64GB version. Your mileage may vary! There are probably other reasons to choose 64 or 256, but that’s how it seemed to me in how I use a tablet.
I got the Best Buy sale one too! Expecting to get it today.

If you are just flying with it (not editing or storing SD files), then 64GB will be no problem at all. I believe in the fly app you can set the amount of cache to use.

I don't use any that big in the drone... do use a few 16's and a couple 32's though.
I misread the OP question, sorry.

Did you get your mini 5 yesterday? How do you lIke it so far?

Ordered from Best Buy on Wed night, none were in stock in my local stores. Expected Monday!

More info in this thread:
Ipad mini 5 versus 6

I do quite like the size of the iPad mini 4 I’ve been using on a Mini 2 controller - everything seems sized about right, and very light.

Do you use more than 64GB storage on ipad mini 5? Hoping 64 is enough, since using sd card anyway.
Think my Lenovo Android came with 32 and it's fine. All I use is for drone and I CLEAR the drive regularly as the files WILL build up, esp if you shoot 4k video A LOT.

I save my pics / vids to SD Card in drone, so no use of files on tablet - except if the drone crashes or goes astray - then you will need those files for our SUPER SLEUTHS to help you figure out what went wrong. Also DJI will want them as well if you file a claim. Otherwise they simply clog up space and slow things down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes