DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geo area warning COMPLETELY ANNOYING!!

mavic6611

Reactions
So today was beautiful here in the UK, so like many other pilots I took the Mp for a flight. And I kept getting the warning message for the class d air space over and over and over and OVER again!! So I ticked the 2 boxes to take the responsibility blah blah blah.. And It simply would not stop popping up.. To the point of pure frustration.
I was on the air for 16 minutes and it happed during the last 7 minutes of flight. Probably around 8 times in one minute and that's not exaggerating.
Anyone else experienced this issue?

Yes people have experienced it. Its part of the way DJI now handles NFZ.

Rob

How on earth are people supposed to be expected to get consistent cinematography when we have to keep checking the tick boxes. It's ridiculous.

Those people who are fortunate enough to live in areas that don't have numerous zones will never understand why those who do live in heavily NFZ areas complain so much.

Rob

Even if you live in areas which are not no fly zones, erroneous messages pop up, this is absurd, I've noticed that competitors are now touting their products as not having such an encumbrance. Why can't DJI initiate a program whereby licensed pilots can shut this crap off!!!! We already know what the no fly zones are and we know how to fly in them. Next month I will be addressing a group of professional videographers and photographers in the US and I will certainly bring this up as one reason for not considering DJI products.

DJI will either continue down this road and lose customers or will address it properly and so regain confidence. Time will only tell.
I tried starting a discussion on the future off drones but this was shut down. (The Future)
Still believe if this isn't addressed correctly then the MP will end up as a failed unit with more emphasis on units like the Spark for recreational users.
So not wanting this thread closed will say no more on the subject.
Incidentally I am fortunate living in Australia in a location with very few NFZ and have never had a problem.

DJI will either continue down this road and lose customers or will address it properly and so regain confidence. Time will only tell.
I tried starting a discussion on the future off drones but this was shut down. (The Future)
Still believe if this isn't addressed correctly then the MP will end up as a failed unit with more emphasis on units like the Spark for recreational users.
So not wanting this thread closed will say no more on the subject.
Incidentally I am fortunate living in Australia in a location with very few NFZ and have never had a problem.

DJI has already stupidly made up their mind that they are somehow going to rebuild the Glass bottle and then find the Genie and shove him back in there. These useless attempts at preventing customers from downgrading their firmware is backfiring wildly as the last release made a couple of days ago demonstrates. If they want better control and security they are now going to have to spend a sizeable chunk of their budget on security for their new drone models.

By security I mean the chips that they use, the people who have access to the code and DJI no longer using public freeware software modules, they will have to make their own. All of this is very costly and in the end they will most likely have a product that will be rejected by the public. I say rejected because so many people are going to get frustrated when they cannot just turn the thing on and fly. They will then probably return it when they find out there is nothing they can do about the numerous restrictions.

Rob

Last edited:
Have you tried clicking on the map and then clicking the gear icon. Here you can choose to ignore the warnings.

Have you tried clicking on the map and then clicking the gear icon. Here you can choose to ignore the warnings.
No I didn't realise that was something I could do. So do I just click on the map at the bottom left of the in flight screen and then the gear and access the warnings options from there?

You'll still get the repeating check boxes, I resolved it by going back to an older app.
We are only in an area that might get low flying military jets once a month.
The app doesn't *know* which days they might actually be about.

What's the easiest way to go back to an earlier version of the app?

You'll still get the repeating check boxes, I resolved it by going back to an older app.
We are only in an area that might get low flying military jets once a month.
The app doesn't *know* which days they might actually be about.
What's the easiest way to go back to an earlier version of the app?

Even if you live in areas which are not no fly zones, erroneous messages pop up, this is absurd, I've noticed that competitors are now touting their products as not having such an encumbrance. Why can't DJI initiate a program whereby licensed pilots can shut this crap off!!!! We already know what the no fly zones are and we know how to fly in them. Next month I will be addressing a group of professional videographers and photographers in the US and I will certainly bring this up as one reason for not considering DJI products.
Because you are not a licensed pilot unless you have a medical certificate, have gone to flight school, passed all your stage checks, passed a written knowledge test as well as a checkride with an FAA/CAA/ICAO inspector or Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE).
If you are flying a drone you are a hobbyist, enthusiast or operator, and those are not qualifications to fly anywhere you want under any conditions you choose.

I am a licensed pilot and I never alluded in my above statement which you quote that "I can fly anywhere under any conditions". What I did allude to is that as a licensed pilot I am aware of what is required to fly in "no fly zones" or controlled air spaces such as notifying control towers or applying for an FAA exemption and monitoring frequencies or a frequency which has flight traffic information on it. Part of receiving your license is knowing these things. I don't need DJI to monitor my activities anymore than I need you to misinterpret my remarks. Regarding my professional credentials and your incorrect statement "If you are flying a drone you are a hobbyist, enthusiast or operator, and those are not qualifications to fly anywhere you want under any conditions you choose." I would be happy at any to discuss with you my experience and credentials as a professional and would enjoying comparing them to yours. For example how many foreign countries have you flown in, have you flown in both polar regions as well as the Amazon? Has your material been used by manufacturers to promote their products? Have you taught classes at a prominent university in drone photography and video? Have you contributed to drone periodicals?

Reactions: WHD
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS