DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geo fence challanges

Hoptercopter

Reactions
I live inside several no fly geo zones. Whenever I try to launch, a 3 question permission form pops up, I accept the responsibilities, submit, and almost immediately the restrictions are unlocked.
However, for the last couple weeks the "unlock" permission shows but the app doesn't unlock.
Today I used 20% of my battery just trying and retrying and rebooting to try to release the lock.
I did finally click on "repot a problem" and soon got it to unlock.
I am wondering if I'm missing something or why this is all of the sudden causing me such grief?

I too live in a Class D space. I've seen these difficulties. Sometimes rebooting the phone or app fixes it, sometimes turning Aircraft mode on & off, and sometimes it just works fine. Since I've gone to a tablet (GPS but no cell connection) I use the Fly Safe page and create two day licenses for each AC. Often I have batteries in storage at 30 - 70% charge so I'll use a bit from one of those to upload the license to the AC in my office. Now I'm good for a couple days. I also file LAANC flight plans before I fly but those go right through. I switch to a freshly charged battery before flight and can take off as soon as the AC cycles up & home point is established.

Reactions: Hoptercopter
I live inside several no fly geo zones. Whenever I try to launch, a 3 question permission form pops up, I accept the responsibilities, submit, and almost immediately the restrictions are unlocked.
However, for the last couple weeks the "unlock" permission shows but the app doesn't unlock.
Today I used 20% of my battery just trying and retrying and rebooting to try to release the lock.
I am wondering if I'm missing something or why this is all of the sudden causing me such grief?
That has happen to me. What I did was after acknowledging responsibility with the 3 checks, I would go to top left hand corner of the go fly app tap DJI, go to my profile (me) press on more , tap on “ my unlock NFZ application, then your good to go. You can restart your aircraft if you like or go back to enter your device and start there. Best to you and fly safe , stay safe and healthy during these times.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

I discovered something recently about DJI GEO unlocking. Got an "unlock" from DJI for my house. Sync'd to Aircraft in GO 4. Got the "Green" light via GO4. Did a quick flight around the house to verify. Packed up and went to my favorite flying spot about 22 miles from here...wide open fields lined with trees. Pre-flight, started RC/bird, GO 4. Big RED Cannot Take Off! WHAT?? This is Class G! Been flying here for at least a year! As the same as Hopter above, I burned thru a considerable amount of battery by rebooting, checking everything in Go 4. Still no go. Close to calling it a frustrated day!
Solution? I had to go into Unlocking in Go 4, tap Aircraft, and tap on the blue "Sync" at the bottom of the page. VOILA! Immediately I got the "Green" light in DJI GO 4. Guess I had to "Sync" to remove the DJI unlock I applied at my home. Always something new to learn! :)

I discovered something recently about DJI GEO unlocking. Got an "unlock" from DJI for my house. Sync'd to Aircraft in GO 4. Got the "Green" light via GO4. Did a quick flight around the house to verify. Packed up and went to my favorite flying spot about 22 miles from here...wide open fields lined with trees. Pre-flight, started RC/bird, GO 4. Big RED Cannot Take Off! WHAT?? This is Class G! Been flying here for at least a year! As the same as Hopter above, I burned thru a considerable amount of battery by rebooting, checking everything in Go 4. Still no go. Close to calling it a frustrated day!
Solution? I had to go into Unlocking in Go 4, tap Aircraft, and tap on the blue "Sync" at the bottom of the page. VOILA! Immediately I got the "Green" light in DJI GO 4. Guess I had to "Sync" to remove the DJI unlock I applied at my home. Always something new to learn! :)
When you sync, it resets all unlocks back to off. When you turn an unlock on, everything outside the unlock zone becomes an NFZ. You have to toggle the unlock to OFF to be able to fly outside of it. The current state of the unlock toggles also survives a reboot, but not a sync.

I think you all must have old software, My GO 4 only asks one question, If I take responsibility. Always have LANNC authorization. iPhone is not linked to GO 4, I use a Crystal Sky monitor.

I think you all must have old software, My GO 4 only asks one question, If I take responsibility. Always have LANNC authorization. iPhone is not linked to GO 4, I use a Crystal Sky monitor.
Same for me and only had to answer one time. I get my clearance on an iPhone that is not, nor has ever been connected to my M2P or any DJI device or website.

Actually, the older Basic and Precise Fly Safe databases on the M2 aircraft allow self authentication everywhere except in NFZ's, without any Unlocks. Makes life a lot simpler!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803