DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geofencing available?

Slade

Reactions
Is Geofencing available with DJI Mavic Drones? The ability to set up invisible barriers that restrict a drone’s space would increase drone safety and ease some of the headaches pilots face dealing with burdensome FAA regulations, I believe. Thoughts?

Is Geofencing available with DJI Mavic Drones? The ability to set up invisible barriers that restrict a drone’s space would increase drone safety and ease some of the headaches pilots face dealing with burdensome FAA regulations, I believe. Thoughts?
The DJI Go app includes Geo-fencing covering the US, Europe and Asia. It also includes real-time updates for disaster areas like wild fires and flood zones.

The Mavic series has DJI defined geozones that cover locations m “
where flight may be limited due to safety concerns or regulations. This provides DJI users with information that will help them make smart decisions about where and when to fly.”

In other words they are around airports, prisons, and other sensitive locations.

There is no way for the user to define their own geozones based on the map. There are, however, user settable limitations on the maximum distance from the home point the drone can travel and the maximum height the drone can go.

This affectively allows you to make a cylindrical shaped geozone but that would be it.

.......... The ability to set up invisible barriers that restrict a drone’s space would increase drone safety and ease some of the headaches pilots face dealing with burdensome FAA regulations, I believe. Thoughts?

Perhaps for hobbyists; however, on the other hand, FAA Certified UAS Pilots are trained to manage the airspace just like any manned pilot out there. Therefore, DJI needs to remove GeoFence from drones piloted by Part 107 Pilots. We already go through an FAA approval process. I sent a letter indicating same to DJI corporate and invited them to take the Part 107 test.

You can buy a program to remove it for 50 bucks
Perhaps for hobbyists; however, on the other hand, FAA Certified UAS Pilots are trained to manage the airspace just like any manned pilot out there. Therefore, DJI needs to remove GeoFence from drones piloted by Part 107 Pilots. We already go through an FAA approval process. I sent a letter indicating same to DJI corporate and invited them to take the Part 107 test.

Reactions: jungle

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147