DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geofencing

Amac123

Reactions
Hi guys,
With all the bad drone press currently running around, it would be nice to spread some good drone news about.
Does the Pro2 have Geofencing, does anyone know?
It would be a positive thing to say to people, that the drone I use has geofencing built in, that's all.
Just wondered....

Reactions: Amac123
Yes. Geofencing includes the manual limits you can set and the no fly zones built in to the system.

Yes. Geofencing includes the manual limits you can set and the no fly zones built in to the system.
Cheers for that, it is just nice as I am new to this to be able to say I have bought a drone with it built in, and the manufacture is a responsible one....
Cheers.

But if TFRs are not part of the geofencing, then it only works partially. I am waiting for someone to comment in a separate thread as "Temporary Flight Restrictions" TFRs are not observed in my experience. I even called the FAA and they told me it was illegal for my drone to take off, but the app said all go, and just to see if the app was working, I took off, hovered at 15', moved 20' and landed, flying for 2 minutes. I wanted to know whether I could trust the system to warn me, but it did not. My firmware and software is all current version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom