DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geozone unlock not working in third party app

summitpilot

Reactions
I use a third party app to fly residential roof surveys. The app performs an automated flight in conjunction with DJI GO4. I recently had a job in a residential area in a restricted airport zone. Since LAANC wasn't available I filed with the FAA and got permission, then put in for a DJI unlock code. All well and good, but then when I arrived on site to fly, the 3rd party app wouldn't recognize the unlock code. When I turned off the app and tried to fly in DJI GO4, the drone lifted off and I had total control - I was able to reach 150' with no problems, no flight issues at all. I went back to the app and tried again, got a different error code "Unlock Not Applied For" and no matter how much cursing and turning on and off of drone, controller, iPad, etc., could not resolve this. Anyone have any suggestions?

I use a third party app to fly residential roof surveys. The app performs an automated flight in conjunction with DJI GO4. I recently had a job in a residential area in a restricted airport zone. Since LAANC wasn't available I filed with the FAA and got permission, then put in for a DJI unlock code. All well and good, but then when I arrived on site to fly, the 3rd party app wouldn't recognize the unlock code. When I turned off the app and tried to fly in DJI GO4, the drone lifted off and I had total control - I was able to reach 150' with no problems, no flight issues at all. I went back to the app and tried again, got a different error code "Unlock Not Applied For" and no matter how much cursing and turning on and off of drone, controller, iPad, etc., could not resolve this. Anyone have any suggestions?
Suggestions:
Name the app so others can avoid it... get a new app for the purpose of the flight you discuss.

I had a similar situation using Litchi where Go4 allowed the unlocked flight Litchi won't. I came on here and was told of the work around. Leave Go 4 on in the background, then open Litchi, choose your mission and you're good to go. The key was not to turn off Go4. Hope that helps. Bryan.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast