DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Germany and UK drone laws

When will all nations get together and bring their licensing requirements into line with each other, or bring in some form of internationally recognized system? People buy drones, especially the smaller ones, to travel with and don't want to be getting licenses for each different country. For example later this month I am going away and will be visiting Thailand, China, Japan, Mongolia and Russia. I have decided it is just to hard to take my MP with me and will leave it home, but this is not really a sensible solution.

Presently it is as logical as making you sit for a driving license in each country, or requiring pilots to be separately licensed in every country they fly over

Thanks Guys,
To sum it all up.
Carry batteries in hand bag. Isolate them with tape. Props in checked in baggage. Check maps2fly before flying. Check people, private properties, federal roads, powerlines etc before flying. I am sure still find places to fly.
Just not sure about third party insurance.

I don't think there is a law that requires you to have any insurance when using a drone for personal use.

For the UK get NATS Drone assist app - and check it EVERY TIME and everywhere you fly - past weekend it wasn't a no fly zone but Friday huge areas were marked as having the potential to turn into temporary no fly zones due to air shows and low level fly overs, also been advised of some more planned for the Red Arrows display team flying around this summer so things do change. Then theres the UK drone code, I use Viewranger app to find public footpaths but you might be better off with Komoot, a german hiking app - dont pay the fee immediately, wait a month and they'll probably offer it to you for 33% less but that's useful for public footpaths too.

You can find all the rules and regulations for flying drones in Germany on the official website of Deutsche Flugsicherung:

https://www.dfs.de/dfs_homepage/en/Drone flight/Start/

There is even an official app telling you where you are allowed to fly and where you aren’t. Just enter your type of drone, altitude and radius. Then choose a location and you’ll be prompted if ok or not.

7B2B1DF8-2CD5-4C73-9810-F332816138E1.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329