DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Airborne

TrisMavic

Reactions
Keen to get out when the weather improves with my new Mavic Pro!

So far have got the dynatape machine to print reward for return and my phone number on the Mavic, purchased a holder to allow use with my 10'4 Samsung tablet with the handset. Decided I wanted to maximise the picture quality and have a dedicated screen rather than using my mobile. Whilst on the subject is there any benefit to using an apple product or is Samsung phone & tablet hardware just as good?

I have downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 App, what is this used for?

Have DJI Go4 on my phone & tablet in preperation. Any further mods or tips gratefully received before I get the weather to get airborne. I have digested the manual but there is more I should consider I am sure.

any benefit to using an apple product or is Samsung phone & tablet hardware just as good?
If the hardware is truly as good as the recommended Apple devices, then they should work equally well. Many people tend to run into trouble with Android devices when they buy the cheapest devices available.

I have downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 App, what is this used for?
People commonly use it to install firmware, retrieve flight logs stored on the Mavic's internal memory, or calibrate the sensors.

Any further mods or tips gratefully received before I get the weather to get airborne.
Here are some items you might find useful:

Thanks everyone, not a complete newbie had a Yuneec Typ H and a Phantom 2 so the basic skills I have just transferring over to a new platform that may be quirky.

Phone wise I have the new Samsung S8 and the pad is only 18 months old. Prefer to fly from the pad for screen size if I can over the phone really. Soon as I get a dry day I will report back. Been watching lots of youtube vids on setup.

Appreciate the update tip above learnt to avoid jumping into upgrades with the Phantom 2 when I started out if it works until the releases have ironed out all issues I do wait now.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian_B