DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting exact elevation info a photo was shot at.

Indy443

Reactions
I recently shot a series of photos from a yet to be built home site. The purpose of the images was to show the vantage point from exact elevations. I am now wondering if there is a way that elevation data is stored in the metadata of the image. Does anyuknownif it is, and could point that out to me?
Thanks.

I'm 250 meters above sea level. In the Mavic photo EXIF, a typical flight reads a GPS altitude of 115837800 meters when I'm up 100 meters. The absolute altitude shows +1.20 and the relative altitude shows +1.40

Any idea how to 'convert' that to usable data?

My Phantom 4 was pretty accurate. It read within 10-20 meters of actual height.

I'm 250 meters above sea level. In the Mavic photo EXIF, a typical flight reads a GPS altitude of 115837800 meters when I'm up 100 meters. The absolute altitude shows +1.20 and the relative altitude shows +1.40

Any idea how to 'convert' that to usable data?

My Phantom 4 was pretty accurate. It read within 10-20 meters of actual height.

The GPS altitude is bogus - ignore it. The absolute altitude should be the GPS altitude but with the current firmware always reads 1.20 and is also bogus. The relative altitude (relative to takeoff elevation) should be correct, in meters. It certainly works fine on my M2P.

OK, thanks.. As a note... The relative altitude of +1.40 that I mentioned above was correct.. I had checked the EXIF of an image I took when I was just hovering above the ground. (Just over a meter)... Other images are showing reasonable correct altitudes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan