DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting it out of your system ! Fly higher

Did you see how hard it was working to stay stable? It all looked stable though. wow
The drone was getting kicked around pretty hard while descending. The gimbal was working hard and doing a good job keeping the video stable. The transmitter and drone kept a good connection as well. Overall it was a good verification of abilities.

I don't know the legalities to make that flight but it was interesting to watch. Glad I got to see it.

I am restricted to 120 meters also, but no problem to go higher (500 m) to take pictures or make movie. It's fun, but use your warning lights and watch out for air traffic

Reactions: EagleHead
I am restricted to 120 meters also, but no problem to go higher (500 m) to take pictures or make movie. It's fun, but use your warning lights and watch out for air traffic
Heijst, your post "no problem to go higher (500 m) ...take pictures or make movies. It's fun" is a complete disregard for (your known) air safety regulation and an off-hand advice to use warning lights which implies passing responsibility to the legitimate airspace user that shouldn't have to "look out" for you and take action. Added to that, how do you know how to respond to seeing other air-traffic?
Where I live, helicopters are flying all kinds of activity, EMS, fire-fighting, police, Search-and-Rescue, training for SAR.. plus there's countless joy flight and tourist flights and this is in a remote Island capital. If I was flying at 500m and a heli came over a nearby hill at 120knt / 400M - do I go up or down or left or right or forward or backward.. can he see a drone's tiny "warning light" - I took one of these flights over my own house in a ES350 Eurocopter last year.. if you were in my suburb flying your fun 500M movie making sortie and banged into the main rotor or tail rotor of the Squirrel I was in I wouldn't have seen it and the flight would have probably been a crash investigation.

Mods - I request you consider closing the thread on the grounds that action is needed to stop other responses that may encourage unsafe, illegal and irresponsible drone piloting. I have spent many years delaying buying a drone in my market because of restrictions (which is less restrictive than the USA) and I would not like to see poor behaviour encouraged by other pilots / posters that may lead to further clamping down in any locale.

Reactions: EagleHead
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom