DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting out of Depression

Arushi

Reactions
Hello Everyone,
There are many times when things are not going according to what we want. We feel like everything is vanished and getting out of bed becomes so difficult for us. After facing so many failures we give up. What are your thoughts? How to cope up with failure?

Think happy thoughts. Eat some cake. Compare your life to Bill Cosby's. Watch a Stooges episode. Fly a drone.
This too shall pass.

giphy.gif

Failure is part of life, everyone fails or doesnt succeed at what they were trying to do at some point in their lives. Many perceive their action as a failure and some fortunate ones see it as a challenge, dust themselves off, and get back in the game. It's how you deal with it that matters.

If you are really suffering from clinical depression, it is a disease and you need to treat it as such. It's not a joke, and is debilitating to the entire body if not taken seriously. I have lost a few friends, family members and favorite celebrities to depression, and unless the sufferer is able to help his or herself, there is little anyone else can do. Temporary treatment can be as simple as talking to a friend or family member. If it is recurring in your life, you need to treat it just as you would any other disease.

Following are my thoughts about depression and where to seek help.

Friends and family (although they could possibly make you more depressed)
Your medical doctor
Therapist or group therapy
Religious organization

No matter what you choose to do, I wish you the best. There are many places to get permanent help. It's all up to you.

Here is a link to an article that could be a starting point:

Depression | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

• This is just a point in time.
• Learn from the past. We have the ability to build success from failure.
• Embrace the mantra; "What's behind you doesn't matter." Meaning that you can decide to let a failure keep you down or not.

Sometimes, when I try to sleep at night, I find my mind cluttered with life's crap. I force myself to stop thinking about it and put myself on a beach in Hawaii. I am asleep in no time.

These things are easy to say but may be difficult to do. As Thunderdrones so eloquently stated, depression can be a serious medical condition and there is help available. Do not look at it as a flaw or weakness; it is simply a human condition that we are all susceptible to.

Hang in there, brother! I was laid off my job last week. The job market in my field is not very strong and even less so for someone 58 years old. I have a wonderful family and call on their support to help me through it. Just remember........EGBOK! Everythings Gonna Be OK!

I suffer from clinical depression. the meds dont really help as they tend to knock you down when you start taking them. fortunately i have a wonderful family of which 4 are children of varying ages they always managed to put a smile on my face when things seem to be at there darkest. i pick myself up and carry on. i see it as just a disease and it aint gonna beat me. stay strong and talk it through with somebody.

I’ve had many people in my life who suffer from depression. I try to convince myself I’m not the cause of it. In my younger days, my then 19 year-old girlfriend developed a psychiatric condition for which we had to seek out treatment. Back then they called it paranoid schizophrenia. You couldn’t find a brighter, more intelligent, happy and attractive person. She was positively bubbly and made friends easily. It’s not enough to say ‘snap out of it’, as I was once tempted to do. No matter how happy their lives are, or how much money they have, or how much love they receive from those around them, the darkness of depression can still overwhelm them.

My (now ex) girlfriend would now tell you she’s not cured, but she’s learned how to live with it. There’s nothing we can do to help apart from being patient. Painting smiles on our faces and singing happy songs just doesn’t address their problems.

Ecstasy - the recreational drug - has shown some promise in regards to Clinical Depression. If you buy on the street there are test kits available on Amazon to make sure you're not getting a knock-off or something else. You should consult your Primary Care Phys.

Ecstasy - the recreational drug - has shown some promise in regards to Clinical Depression. If you buy on the street there are test kits available on Amazon to make sure you're not getting a knock-off or something else. You should consult your Primary Care Phys.

So, you are recommending street ecstasy to a depression sufferer? You should have just written "You should consult your Primary Care Phys." and left it at that.

Absolutely inappropriate post even for the Off-Topic forum.

So, you are recommending street ecstasy to a depression sufferer? You should have just written "You should consult your Primary Care Phys." and left it at that.
Absolutely inappropriate post even for the Off-Topic forum.
While neither supporting nor defending the statement on Ecstasy ~ "they" have done numerous studies on the use of magic mushrooms and their effects on depression, with some very positive results. An initiative to decriminalize Psilocybin mushrooms was put forth for the coming November elections in California, but didn't make the cut.

Reactions: Genko3D
Troll or not, it is all about the typical defense of recreational drugs trying to support legalization.
BUT, at one point in time ALL of these "street drugs" were legal. It is because of what they do to people is why they are now Illegal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803