DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting rid of the "High altitude. Fly with caution' warning sticker

Have you tried tapping on the warning to delete it? That’s all I do when it shows at high altitude.
Batteries have firmware that updates along with the drone and can be updated at the same time. A firmware refresh with the + battery installed will probably get rid of the warning.
Yeah, I was wondering if a FW updated on the batteries were missed?

Yeah, I was wondering if a FW updated on the batteries were missed?
You can tap on the initial warning you get on bootup (has a orange dot on the left of the warning) and it will temporarily disappear but shows up again (and permanently) at the top of the screen, left of center w/o the orange dot. When I talked to DJI on Monday we walked through a complete review of firmware updates and everything is current. This warning also shows up in the pre-flight menu with a code 30311 and never goes away. This doesn't show up when using a standard battery, only the Plus. Don't know if DJI is going to do anything about this. Still waiting to see if they contact me with a case #.

Reactions: Torque and MS Coast
I recently went mountain hiking on a national park here, and once I got past the tree line I decided I would try the first flight on the trip. This point it above 9.300' above sea level, and I got flagged with a "high altitude, fly at your own risk" message in the screen ( I fly MA2) followed be a list of recommendations to keep in mind if o decided to launch.
Perhaps you are experiencing something like that on the mini 3?

Pura vida!

I recently went mountain hiking on a national park here, and once I got past the tree line I decided I would try the first flight on the trip. This point it above 9.300' above sea level, and I got flagged with a "high altitude, fly at your own risk" message in the screen ( I fly MA2) followed be a list of recommendations to keep in mind if o decided to launch.
Perhaps you are experiencing something like that on the mini 3?

Pura vida!
If you read the post just prior to your's it will explain to the best of my ability what I'm experiencing.

Reactions: Neko 506
It seems to be a bug honestly ...
This message is fine upon start but it returns if you jump, like from the image preview and back to DJI Fly everytime.

I have noticed this too.
I still don't like DJI Fly, I would pretty much prefer DJI Go 4 to be developed to a v5.

Well a bigger issue came up when I flew over the weekend at above 9,000'. Had the normal warning flags at startup but five minutes into the flight a much larger warning (almost the entire screen) would pop up with the High Altitude warning at the top and all the altitude sliders below (RTH, Max, etc). It would require tapping on the edge of the screen to dismiss and return the screen to normal viewing. Not necessary DJI. I didn't have the time to fly with the standard battery to see if this happens with the standard battery too. This needs to be fixed DJI.

I have the same issue with the altitude warning when using the Plus battery. I can confirm that it goes away with the standard battery. I also live in Reno, and it pisses me off that you can't fly above the max altitude when you are flying up the side of a mountain. You can be 50 feet off the ground, up the side of the mountain, and there is no way to fly higher once it reaches the max altitude in the app. There are online elevation maps that will tell you the elevation at a specified location. It would be nice if you could reset the altitude at the drones GPS location using that data.

Reactions: Joe Horn
Just got off the phone with DJI support... I still have the

"High altitude. Fly with caution" banner.​

Right from the start they didn't give me the impression they knew how to fix this issue. They said the limit is 3000 meters and I am flying at 1830 meters. Then I told them I get the error without starting the motors and never goes away.
Oh......

After a couple "Please Hold" the tech person told me to re-calibrate the IMU and Compass and if that doesn't work call us back...Well that didn't work and I'm not real happy with that to say the least.

Maybe if I call back I will get someone that can help....

All current with FW updates and refreshed FW with the Plus batteries installed...no change.

Plus Battery's only. Stock battery gives no warning banner.

Has anyone figured out how to make the warning go away ?

Right from the start they didn't give me the impression they knew how to fix this issue
Unfortunately DJI support people aren't always very helpful.
If they don't have a script for your issue, they aren't any help.
After a couple "Please Hold" the tech person told me to re-calibrate the IMU and Compass
That's their standard reply when they have no idea what to tell you.
Suggesting to recalibrate the compass when it couldn't possibly be involved is a good clue.
Has anyone figured out how to make the warning go away ?
No, but there are quite a few reports of people getting this message at similar altitudes to you.
It's just a false alarm.

Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
I realize its a false alarm. The biggest issue I have have with it is it shows 100's of warnings per flight on my AirData flights. I would rather to see valid warnings that can be used as intended to help maintain the reliability of the Mini 3 Pro and get ahead of possible problems.

Seems like there would be a relatively easy fix for this from DJI.

Thanks Meta...you helped validate what I was thinking about this issue.

I realize its a false alarm. The biggest issue I have have with it is it shows 100's of warnings per flight on my AirData flights. I would rather to see valid warnings that can be used as intended to help maintain the reliability of the Mini 3 Pro and get ahead of possible problems.

Seems like there would be a relatively easy fix for this from DJI.

Thanks Meta...you helped validate what I was thinking about this issue.
You have a 500 foot hill you are 50 feet off the ground at all times.
And you hit near 400 feet from take off NOT the ground from the drone.
and DJI says WOW! No higher stop now or else.
I think some thing needs fixed here.

Reactions: Joe Horn
I ran out of patience with DJI and this issue. Since I'm completely addicted to flying the Avata now I had almost forgotten about this bug. Last time I had contact with DJI and they acted like this was the first time hearing about it, another 40 minutes on hold and then a disconnect, I gave up. Still would like to have a fix but I'm not holding my breath.

Round and round I go with DJI support. Several calls and emails and even sent it in to repair and they found no issues with my Mini 3…WTF ? They are sending it back to me.

They actually told me in an email after they checked it out that the Mini 3 is not an “Ideal” drone for flying in Colorado…wish they would tell us that before we shell out $1000 for it

Anyone flying from 6000’ NOT getting the warning with the Plus battery ?

They offered Care/Refresh but I don’t want to spend more $ if it’s common on all Mini 3’s as they said it is.

Back to the original question; How to disable the height warning at 120m.in DJI Fly?
I have not tried this myself, but this should work.
  1. Download the free windows app from Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone - Download
  2. Connect your drone to your PC with a USB C cable
  3. Start the drone, start the app
  4. When fully connected you will get a green bar (see screenshot)
  5. Go to 'Hack parameter' and then 'Advanced parameters'
  6. Find the height limit parameter and change the default from 120 to 500.
  7. Write the parameters back to the drone and your done.
The screenshot says it all.

Attachments

• 2023-05-17_111051.jpg
    2023-05-17_111051.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 13
That will not help the OP's problem. Read the thread and you will see that his warning message is a different matter.

Couple weeks ago I was able to fly the M3P in Oregon at Zero feet take off and then went to Colorado and took off at 9220 feet. Same battery, no updates between flights, same overall setup at both locations.

On the Oregon beach I got no High Altitude Warning on the RC PRO controller as one would expect and the Mini flew great.

On Rabbit Ears pass near Steamboat CO I see the High Altitude Warning banner on the RC PRO controller as it does everywhere else I fly in Colorado. 20 satellites locked, the home point was updated then this warning banner showed on the screen along with an audible ...Current Elevation Above 9220ft. Fly With Caution. Code 30152

The Mini did struggle to some degree at those heights and the battery life was considerably less cause the little bird was working hard. Noticeable difference in performance.

Good warning..meaningful and prompted me to be more alert from the get go.

Anyone fly FPV with the M3P ? I got every thing linked and flew a couple battery's. Its cool but for me flying FPV is best with my Avata.

No "High Altitude Warning" at all in FPV mode....in the goggle or flight data i downloaded to Airdata

Anyone verify this ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada