DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Getting to like Waypoints

MARK (LI)

Reactions
I set up a trip along this canal and had to wait for decent weather...when I finally got to do the flight, I must have hit something while setting it up because it was all washed out, but I could see that the camera was pointed too high...so I adjusted the gimbal angle and got good weather yesterday, but now gimbal is too low, and it is too crummy out today to adjust and redo the trip....could use some constructive criticism...let me know your thoughts
CANAL WAYPOINTS TRIP WITH MINI 4 PRO

Right off the start - that music really sets a nice tone for the video.

The video - looks great to me. Love the vibe. This is your style. Love it. It really feels like a late 90s romcom intro. I kept expecting credits of actors and film producers to fade in and out.

For me personally, a little long and repetitive but this might be one of your firsts, so go easy on yourself. You will learn a new trick every video. Soon your brain will be thinking of new video things to try on its own and different angles and shots to get your visions to reality.

I think it will be better once people uncover the pools, get their boats into the water and the trees start to bloom, .....and I get the gimbal at a good level .....I did have it going at a bit over 12MPH to keep the length of it down...I should probably also cut off the part from the last waypoint over water to the end....at that point it is flying over the neighborhood and all that you see if are roof tops of nondescript houses ...if the gimbal were up a little more, the opposite shore would have been visible and maybe been a bit nicer....thank you for taking the time to comment👍

Reactions: Jug's Life
Hi Mark. I liked it! Music was great! I agree about the angle too steep down. I kept waiting for you to rotate up for a wider view. Is that Massapequa?

Maybe start out high at the entrance to canal from the bay, to give overview of area and then drop down like you did moving into the canal. It would make the viewer think, "where are we going? Where does this lead? What's at the end?"

We still have to meet and fly together soon. With the new Mini 4 Pro, I'm really looking forward to putting my boat in the water and doing some active track videos!

Last edited:
Reactions: MARK (LI)
Looks fine to me!

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Hi Mark. I liked it! Music was great! I agree about the angle too steep down. I kept waiting for you to rotate up for a wider view. Is that Massapequa?

Maybe start out high at the entrance to canal from the bay, to give overview of area and then drop down like you did moving into the canal. It would make the viewer think, "where are we going? Where does this lead? What's at the end?"

We still have to meet and fly together soon. With the new Mini 4 Pro, I'm really looking forward to putting my boat in the water and doing some active track videos!
How could you tell it is Massapequa?...Look forward to meeting up with you👍

The same view was a little redundant, I wanted a wide shot, and a horizon shot . maybe an establishing wide shot and then pivot the gimble down, and especially near the end when you are over the water. As a waypoint shot though, will be really cool if you keep getting this through the year and transition between seasons, sunrise, sunset, etc..

Thanks for the feedback @Xitor ...I have come to realize that I should have snipped off the trip from the point over water back to the take off point...that would have eliminated about 2 minutes and the redundancy at the end....in a few weeks every one will have their boats in the water and leaves will be on the trees and I will figure out how to get a better altitude and gimbal angle

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd