DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gila Memorial Airfield flying update

pbrokaw

Reactions
On vacation from WA state to see friends in AZ . I thought I would check out the abandoned airfield . My intention was to go to the field and talk to someone about seeking permission to fly and shoot some video and stills . It didn't turn out as planned ,although I did get information.

I pulled up the dirt road parallel to the old airport . yes there are old salvaged planes there. I saw at least 6 perhaps more . After a moment a white Ford Raptor appeared. He is a Ranger hired by the AK Chin Native American tribal console. he was polite but informed me that I was trespassing on their tribal land . I told him that I was a photographer looking to seek permission to shoot. The ranger told me to go to the tribal governance console in Sacaton to ask there. He then told me that basically the only way is to pay for the privilege ...The last folks who shot there used a drone for a music video and they paid to shoot. We spoke for another 15 minutes ,nice guy . No ticket issued.

I plan to move to AZ in six months or so. Once here and settled in.I will go to the office ,attempt to win them over and shoot the videos.

Perry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980