DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal began twitching with polarizing lens installed

Kyle76

Reactions
I put on a polarizing lens on for the first time and got very weird shaking of the image. I adjusted it a bit and the twitching finally stopped, but I did see it again at the end of a video. This was after landing, so I’m wondering if whatever causes this magnified by how close the camera is to the subject.

Check that the little tabs are located correctly and the filter is on a tightly as possible. I have a freewell filter that works perfectly, but I had this problem twice. On both occasions the filter had become misaligned and I powered off, corrected it, and all fine. It most probably became misaligned during flight on yours.

Reactions: ff22 and Kyle76
Check that the little tabs are located correctly and the filter is on a tightly as possible. I have a freewell filter that works perfectly, but I had this problem twice. On both occasions the filter had become misaligned and I powered off, corrected it, and all fine. It most probably became misaligned during flight on yours.

same here
I have numerous flights with the polarizer without issues
only a couple of times it entered that mode you described ; i re positioned it and all was well

Reactions: Kyle76
I put on a polarizing lens on for the first time and got very weird shaking of the image. I adjusted it a bit and the twitching finally stopped, but I did see it again at the end of a video. This was after landing, so I’m wondering if whatever causes this magnified by how close the camera is to the subject.
W hi y did this happen!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002