DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pork N Beer

Reactions
So I finally had a significant crash. Flying at night with my led props and crashed into a tree, oops. Replaced the props and all seemed to be good but then noticed I couldn't tilt the gimbal. After doing some checking I suspected the ribbon cable got damaged. Ordered a new one and replaced it (this is a good video to watch that show routing
). Before putting it all back together I fired it up to make sure it worked. Gimbal rotates at start like it's supposed to (AWESOME) but then video transmission was failed. Turns out a ran a screw through the cable. That should be easier to replace than the ribbon cable, so ordered a new one. In the mean time I thought I would calibrate the gimbal. But doesn't seem to work. It looks like it's going to start, says to be on level ground, etc, then I hit ok and then it ends.

My question is will the video transmission error keep the gimbal from calibrating? Does the calibration actually use the camera? Also there seems to be an issue with my SD card. It says it's not installed, but I tried 2 different ones plus formatted one. Similar question if the video isn't working well it not even try to initialize the whole camera workings? I should also mention that the to Shell is off, but I did put the connector in at the back. Does anybody know what the board does at the back of the top shell? My guess would be either GPS or comm with the remote but those are just guesses.

Thanks for any help people can give!

Well got the video cable fixed and the bird works 100%. Parts cost $25, tools $20.,2 hours work, not bad. Apparently if the video isn't working a lot of initialization doesn't complete, which I can understand. Looking forward to getting some fall colors.

Reactions: skelly2000

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803