DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Clamp Issue/Question

LakeTravis

Reactions
I'm all clear on making sure the gimbal is under the tabs and such. My question relates to how well the camera stays locked into the gimbal clamp itself. There is clearly a little opening/groove in the clamp where the camera has a protrusion that slides in, but it NEVER stays... just kind of slips out. I'm sure it is still somewhat protected, but it doesn't hold tight like other Phantom clamps. Anyone else noticing this?

Nope, when fitted properly it's nice and tight.
It takes a lot of training to fit it right though. The first few times it took me 2-3 minutes to put the **** clamp while being careful not to put pressure where it didn't feel right and it drove me crazy, but now I've got the "trick" and it goes straight in.

It takes a lot of training to fit it right though. The first few times it took me 2-3 minutes to put the **** clamp in and it drove me crazy, but now I've got the "trick" and it goes straight in.

Thanks, figured I was doing something wrong, I'll mess around with the ****ing thing until I get it right!! :mad:

It takes a lot of training to fit it right though. The first few times it took me 2-3 minutes to put the **** clamp while being careful not to put pressure where it didn't feel right and it drove me crazy, but now I've got the "trick" and it goes straight in.

Jumpin' Jehosafats... (sorry about the language) it's SO obvious once you look at it closely, I was only lining up the slot that goes from the back about half way up. Didn't ever notice that there's also a slot where the back end of the camera slides DOWN and IN to the clamp a little farther back. Problem solved, thanks! It holds it like a rock.

Take a look at our new gimbal lock & lens cover here:

New DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Lock & Lens Cover.

20161208_234737-jpg.2261

but $15 shipping to U.K.??
Shipping from the US to the UK via USPS is expensive. The USPS's fees currently start at about $13 to ship any kind of package outside of the US.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54