DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal disconnected

RenatoKazuo8w

Reactions
A strange thing happened today with my Mavic 3 Pro, I turned it on normally and when I took off, I realized that the gimbal wasn't working, I had no control over it and it didn't stabilize the image, I landed the drone and tried to calibrate the gimbal, but It said it wasn't connected.

I restarted the Mavic 3 Pro, and the gimbal worked again, but I had never experienced this situation, has anyone experienced this? I hope this isn't a sign of a bigger problem ahead.

If this happens again you may just have to send it in for repair or You can open the drone and look for where the gimble cable connects to the board.
Usually they put some semi-conductor paste there to keep that connection from vibrating apart - inspect the area check that the connection is good and then using semi conductor paste [not caulk] "restick" the connection together.
NOTE: If your drone is still under warranty don't do this.

Reactions: RenatoKazuo8w
If this happens again you may just have to send it in for repair or You can open the drone and look for where the gimble cable connects to the board.
Usually they put some semi-conductor paste there to keep that connection from vibrating apart - inspect the area check that the connection is good and then using semi conductor paste [not caulk] "restick" the connection together.
NOTE: If your drone is still under warranty don't do this.

Thank you, I've used the Mavic 3 Pro about 5 more times since this happened and I haven't seen any problems, so it must have been something very specific, before the problem occurred, I remember hearing a noise coming from the gimbal when I was turning it off, luckily the gimbal must have adjusted after the problem, when restarting the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne