DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal freak out and video pixilation

NOLAdrone

Reactions
My last flight I experienced a weird gimbal issue whereby the video feed gets shaky and the gimbal starts to freak out going up and down and rotating. After a few seconds it cleared up, but reappeared again a couple of minutes later and this time the video feed was pixelated.

I had the same gimbal issue a few weeks and thought it was a bird strike at first, but there were no birds around. The issue immediately cleared up and subsequent flights had no issues.

I have tried troubleshooting but not exactly sure what to look for or where to find it.

Was unit in a crash? NO
What have you tried so far?
I visually inspected the gimbal and cables, but they look fine. Nothing seems to be loose. The gimbal moves in all directions freely and does not scrape the back of the frame. I tried using DJI Assistant 2 to troubleshoot, but really did not know what to look for. I went through the Data Upload and uploaded the log file to DJI and now cannot access it from the drone as the log is no longer there. I was not able to complete a Black Box download. It failed every time I ran it but I’m guessing it was because the drive would disconnect each time I ran DJI Assistant 2.

I was able to I review the log that was uploaded to AirData and do not see any errors or warnings related to this issue. Watching the flight replay you can clearly see the gimbal moving up and down, but I can’t see what triggered it. I have the C1 button configured to move the gimbal straight down or up, but this is not due to an inadvertent push of C1.
What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?

iPad

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
I upgraded to 1.04.400 using DJI Assistant. I was previously 1 rev back.

What Go app version are you using? Go4 (latest version)
Any modification? No mods
Did you change anything or install any apps? No changes
What device are you using? iPad 9.7 (purchased in last Dec)
What Go app version are you using? Newest version

Click to access the Flight Log

Here is a video directly from the SD card showing the gimbal freaking out and the pixilation.

Last edited:
I would appreciate help to find out what is causing this issue. I flew today it again today without any issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22