DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal holder / lens protector - other options

FASTFJR

Reactions
For whatever reason I find the factory gimbal holder awkward to put on. Does anyone have a favorite 3 party holder they are using?

Thanks

Reactions: FASTFJR
I bought this one. It works just fine. But I kinda like the looks of the original bubble protector. So I spent a few minutes practicing putting it on and I can now do it (almost) as fast as the one piece replacement.

Thats cheap! Looks like that ones for the Zoom. I wonder if they make one for the Pro.

For whatever reason I find the factory gimbal holder awkward to put on. Does anyone have a favorite 3 party holder they are using?

Thanks
I have used the one from F-stop since I have had my M2P and swore by it and the other week one of
taps broke of. A member here has a thread on a Polor Pro one which is not cheap..25 bucks.. but decided to give it a try being I try everything else and must say it's worth the money . Here's a thread on it and highly recommend it .Polar Pro Gimbal Lock Mavic 2

Reactions: ff22
and the other week one of
taps broke off.

Dirk: I had exactly the same thing happen. Used my plastic "welder" to repair it and it worked long enough for me to get the gimbal lock from Polar Pro. I've tried three or four of these and the PP version is by far the best.

Reactions: fozzzy and dirkclod
I agree and need to thank @Lon Denard for his thread pointing this new one out .

Yep, thanks, Lon...I just LOVE that gimbal lock and it's both the design AND the material used to manufacture that really make this an excellent product.

Keep in mind that most cases are designed for the stock gimbal guard, so they will have a large spherical cutout to accommodate it. If you are using one of the aftermarket ones (like Sunnylife/Fstop), it doesn't fit perfectly into some cases. Other than that, I prefer the aftermarket ones because they do not scratch the camera housing.

I broke down and bought the polar pro for $25

I have finally got so I can put the original gimbal guard on with almost no trouble. For now I'm saving $25.

Reactions: FASTFJR
My Polar Pro lock arrived today. Nicely made, but $25.00 LOL

I'm in graphics, packing and marketing........their packaging is probably $10-12

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine