DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sol invictus

Reactions
Hey all!

The gimbal on my mini 2 always tilts to the right. It doesn't get stuck, it works keeping the image flat when I fly my mini sideways, but the horizon is always slightly unlevel. Tried calibrating it a few times, also did the IMU calibration, doesn't help — at first the horizon is level but after a few moved it gets tilted again.

I had a couple of minor accidents like hard landings, also landed it in send a few times, but there are no visible bugs related to those incidents. Please help!

From memory there is a 'manual ' adjustment available - via the App but it is, I think, limited to ±10deg.

How old is the drone? If under 1 year and you have warranties there would oyu consider a return?

Mi Mini 2 had this problem last year and it had to be repaired / exchanged.

@sol invictus Re "Sadly, not an option for me now"
In that case have a look at
and the use of python and some scripts to calibrate the gimbal.
Read the thread carefully.

I have it bookmarked and think it might be applicable. From memory I think it walks through the process. I think you are left with a residual error message but the gimbal works correctly.

Reactions: sol invictus
@sol invictus Re "Sadly, not an option for me now"
In that case have a look at
and the use of python and some scripts to calibrate the gimbal.
Read the thread carefully.

I have it bookmarked and think it might be applicable. From memory I think it walks through the process. I think you are left with a residual error message but the gimbal works correctly.
Thanks! I think I need to clarify a bit here. When turned off, my mini 2 gimble levels itself when I push it up or down from the right side, but don't quite so when I push it from the left side. When turned on, the horizon is unlevel as if the camera is tilted to the left a bit. Can it be some kind of a mechanical dance?

There should be a gimbal calibration dance at every boot, after which the camera should be level and pointed straight forward. When the drone is switched off the gimbal takes a position that is influenced by the bend of the cables within it, consequently it varies from drone to drone and the position doesn't really matter until you come to fit the cover then, every time I have to use a finger to line it up correctly for the cover to go on easily.

Reactions: sol invictus
I replaced my gimbal since it would shake. Now I have a gimbal that even after doing the calibration, is not level when I yaw around. And it slowly tries to come back level, but it takes awhile if it does it at all.

I'm also noticing that it doesn't auto focus correctly either.

Last edited: