DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal issues

Perch85

Reactions
Hi guys,
Sorry if this has been talked about before. I crashed my drone mavic Air and saw the video transmission cable was broken. Got a new on and video is working fine.

My issue is that the gimbal now only moves slightly up and down when turning the Mavic on. I have done an auto calibration which it passed but again the camera doesn’t do a full range of movement up and down. I can move the gimbal the same distance up and down when using the remote but not the full range... the camera seems to heat up a lot as well.

The gimbal has no tightness when moving it while the drone is off. I’m also getting the gimbal overload.

I haven’t seen or heard anyone with this issue. I’m not sure if that would be a flat ribbon cable issue or a gimbal motor issue?

Any ideas on a fix??

No its not a hard fix, just a couple of screws to drop out the gimbal. But... certain gimbal motors dont match well with existing core boards on the Mavic Air. I always have 4 or 6 Mavic Air gimbals and core boards around and then play matchmaker trying to find 2 that will get along well together.,

No its not a hard fix, just a couple of screws to drop out the gimbal. But... certain gimbal motors dont match well with existing core boards on the Mavic Air. I always have 4 or 6 Mavic Air gimbals and core boards around and then play matchmaker trying to find 2 that will get along well together.,

That sounds like a headache and counter intuitive by DJI. Could a buy some motors off you? Figure it would be cheaper than posting it from here and back.

That sounds like a headache and counter intuitive by DJI. Could a buy some motors off you? Figure it would be cheaper than posting it from here and back.

Yes it is counter intuitive by DJI. I actually dont sell the motors, I need all I can get.

Where are you located?

Elliston, South Australia.

I bet with ppl like me out there haha. All I can say is flying with a toddler around isn’t recommended

Reactions: Former Member
Elliston, South Australia.

I bet with ppl like me out there haha. All I can say is flying with a toddler around isn’t recommended

Or a dog, or anything that can distract you.

If I were you, and I hate to say this, but I would send it in to DJI Melbourne and get a price. It might not be as bad as you think.

Or a dog, or anything that can distract you.

If I were you, and I hate to say this, but I would send it in to DJI Melbourne and get a price. It might not be as bad as you think.

I think you are right mate... I was going to buy another gimbal but if it can’t be guarantied that it would work with the drone might as well send it in.

Thanks for your advice and help. I really appreciate it. I’ll Let you know how I get on

Cheers,

Perch

Reactions: Former Member
I think you are right mate... I was going to buy another gimbal but if it can’t be guarantied that it would work with the drone might as well send it in.

Thanks for your advice and help. I really appreciate it. I’ll Let you know how I get on

Cheers,

Perch

I think your Air will be happily back in the air pretty soon. Melbourne is one of the fastest service centers.

Reactions: Perch85
Just out of sheer hopefulness. Could the non dji ribbon cable be doing this? Hopeful dreaming

It's possible, you can try a different ribbon. Im not sure thats it because you said you are getting video feed, so at least the video connector part of the ribbon is working.

Hey mate,
I put the old ribbon back in and the gimbal works! . Guess I need a dji cable?? Now to hunt one down

It's possible, you can try a different ribbon. Im not sure thats it because you said you are getting video feed, so at least the video connector part of the ribbon is working.

Hey thunderdrones,
Turns out it was the cable. All sorted and back in the air.

Thanks so much for your help/advice

Reactions: Broken Arrow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harrisonford