DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal looseness

The Mavic Pro

Reactions
I just received my Mavic Pro. Haven't had the chance to fly it yet.

But i noticed that the gimbal seems very loose, i know it suppose to be a bit loose but isn't this too much?
Is this normal with this much looseness of the gimbal?

Last edited:
Perfectly Normal. Turn it on and it will stabilise.

I want to clarify that the wobbling you see in the video is not the gimbal moving on its axis so to speak, but its the whole gimbal unit wobbling like that.

I think it looks as the gimbal hangs very low from its four corners where its attached with some kind of rubber bands to the drone itself. There is very much space between the upper part of the gimbal and the under side of the drone.

So are all your Mavics having the same gimbal wobbling of the whole gimbal unit as in my video?

I went flying a while ago but it was pitch black so not much help.

Reactions: SackboyDad
I want to clarify that the wobbling you see in the video is not the gimbal moving on its axis so to speak, but its the whole gimbal unit wobbling like that.

I think it looks as the gimbal hangs very low from its four corners where its attached with some kind of rubber bands to the drone itself. There is very much space between the upper part of the gimbal and the under side of the drone.

So are all your Mavics having the same gimbal wobbling of the whole gimbal unit as in my video?

I went flying a while ago but it was pitch black so not much help.

That is too loose.
Looks to me as if the gimbal mounts 3 tabs (on base plate) are not seated correctly.
The 2 front tabs and 1 back tab of the base plate need to be under the lips (front left and right and one in the middel back) and not over it.
Can you make a closeup shot of the tabs.

Disagree. Just turn it on to allowing the gimbal to power up. Then take another video. It will stabilise I bet. Mine is Floppy like that with everything in the right spot. It is disconcerting but that is how it is. This is what the gimbal lock is for.

BTW here is a very nice diagram someone here did to show how it fits beneath the limiting tabs.
Gimbal Tabs

And in the unlikely event yours actually is adrift check this video for the fix. It also will give you an idea of how loose the whole unit is meant to be.

Last edited:
My gimbal has the rubber bands over / above the four lips in the corners of the baseplate, as well as the back middle tab over / above the base plate.
So it seems as everything is correct.

The thing is i have another thread here where i show videos with some problems with my video recordings/gimbal, its the horizon that gets tilted briefly when i start to move sideways or when the Mavic comes to stop after moving sideways.
There is also this thing where after a Yaw rotation comes to a stop it moves a bit back in the opposite yaw direction.
So i thought if the video problems is connected to the gimbal looseness?

Mavic Pro gimbal problems.mov

DJI_Gimbal Problem 2.mov

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan