DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overload

Costa Rica Guy

Reactions
After 120 flights with no incident I took off today and immediately noticed something unsteady about my image. Then came the "Gimbal motor overload" and saying to check if I removed the guard. I though....Sh**.... And immediately flew home. To my pleasant surprise that was NOT the case. Guard off. The gimbal was in an odd skewed position and still won't go right. I continue to get same messages. Updated firmware to no avail. This was literally from one day to the next. Ideas?

After 120 flights with no incident I took off today and immediately noticed something unsteady about my image. Then came the "Gimbal motor overload" and saying to check if I removed the guard. I though....Sh**.... And immediately flew home. To my pleasant surprise that was NOT the case. Guard off. The gimbal was in an odd skewed position and still won't go right. I continue to get same messages. Updated firmware to no avail. This was literally from one day to the next. Ideas?

Contact DJI support. Hopefully you have DJI Care coverage. Same thing happened to me and it was a hardware issue fully covered by DJI. I have to say my experience with them was flawless. Contact them online, get a case number, follow the directions, sit back and wait. My turn-around was less than 2 wks. Not only was it simple but they send you a completely new drone and update the SN on your coverage. Since mine was in warranty repair came with no cost. And I swear I ended up with a better camera as well. Don't know if they update/upgraded between when mine went sideways or not, but I had about the same number of flights as you. You'll find a lot of "solutions" online, but the best is to let DJI deal with this one.

Mine was and I had verified everything was as it should have been... firmware, hardware, IMU, etc... in fact, just prior to this problem happening (and it came up at home in my office while I was setting up to go out for a flight) everything had calibrated normally. So this was not a result of a crash or any software issue. This was validated by DJI that it was a hardware failure and under warranty.

Contact DJI support. Hopefully you have DJI Care coverage. Same thing happened to me and it was a hardware issue fully covered by DJI. I have to say my experience with them was flawless. Contact them online, get a case number, follow the directions, sit back and wait. My turn-around was less than 2 wks. Not only was it simple but they send you a completely new drone and update the SN on your coverage. Since mine was in warranty repair came with no cost. And I swear I ended up with a better camera as well. Don't know if they update/upgraded between when mine went sideways or not, but I had about the same number of flights as you. You'll find a lot of "solutions" online, but the best is to let DJI deal with this one.

I purchased the drone in the US but live in Costa Rica ...hopefully won't be a problem

I purchased the drone in the US but live in Costa Rica ...hopefully won't be a problem
You can begin the DJI service request process online. From there it's all pretty organized and you'll get instructions on what to do when you send your equipment. Good luck!

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me today. I live in Cancun, MX but bought the MP through Amazon in the US. I have DJI Care. Did DJI ship you a replacement to Costa Rica or how did they handle the shipping to and from? I will be in the US in a week and can ship to them but I am concerned about how I get my replacement.

Thanks very much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections