DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Moves at startup when camera cable unattached...

davidduffett

Reactions
Hello It's my first time posting... I am trying to understand what parts on my Mavic may be broken... I had someone kick my Mavic across a gravely paved road... I was about to fly and had the gimbal cover off and the gimbal and fan area took most of the damage... I have straitened out the grill on the fan and such but the camera doesn't seem to be working the gimbal is unresponsive... I have looked at the ribbon cable for the gimbal and the metal strands camera cable both appear to be fine... When I power on the Mavic nothing happens no camera or Gimbal movement.... but I have discovered that if i remove the camera cable i get movement from the gimbal at startup... anyone have any ideas?

Also not sure what that sound is when I start it up I can't hear it with my ears but seams to effect my microphone....

Hello It's my first time posting... I am trying to understand what parts on my Mavic may be broken... I had someone kick my Mavic across a gravely paved road... I was about to fly and had the gimbal cover off and the gimbal and fan area took most of the damage... I have straitened out the grill on the fan and such but the camera doesn't seem to be working the gimbal is unresponsive... I have looked at the ribbon cable for the gimbal and the metal strands camera cable both appear to be fine... When I power on the Mavic nothing happens no camera or Gimbal movement.... but I have discovered that if i remove the camera cable i get movement from the gimbal at startup... anyone have any ideas?

I'm sure both cables/camera are going to need replacement, but I'm wondering why someone kicked your mavic. Are they still alive? Or just on life support?

That sound is the sensor on the bottom. Phones pick it up very easily, I'm sure its normal.

Reactions: Junkpump
This comment though. Haha...

Sorry someone kicked your baby, best of luck repairing it.

Yeah... It was a drunk individual on the 4th ran up and kicked it... I guess my main question would be how would i decipher if i need to buy a whole new gimbal or is there a way to tell if this is a issue somewhere else such as on the main board? how self contained is the camera gimbal? is the circuit board the ribbon cables attach to have all the circuitry for the gyro and control of the gimbal or is the main board the part that takes care of all of that?

I'm sure both cables/camera are going to need replacement, but I'm wondering why someone kicked your mavic. Are they still alive? Or just on life support?

That sound is the sensor on the bottom. Phones pick it up very easily, I'm sure its normal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3