DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal not moving, no camera feed

erkalanger

Reactions
I crashed my Mavic in a lake in Norway a couple of weeks ago. I was able to get it out of the water after about a minute.

Gimbal flat cord broke. I have now replaced it but gimbal still does not move and still no camera feed.

Any ideas?

(Everything else seems to work ok)

Did it crash into salt water or fresh water?

Sometimes you have to check each component for damage. If you replaced the gimbal cable but you are still not getting any movement or video, it could be your gimbal control board gone bad. That would prevent video feed and gimbal movement from getting to and from the gimbal. Your lack of video could also go as far as the core board, but I try to substitute the cheaper parts before I go doing the more expensive parts.

Here is a picture of the gimbal control board:

1.jpg 2.jpg

Reactions: HSK
Ok, Thanks. I crashed in fresh water. I can't remember connecting anything to the slot in the uppger right on the first picture, will have to double check, otherwise replacing the card. I doubt it is the motherboard, I can still connect to remote and fly it etc.
Did it crash into salt water or fresh water?

Sometimes you have to check each component for damage. If you replaced the gimbal cable but you are still not getting any movement or video, it could be your gimbal control board gone bad. That would prevent video feed and gimbal movement from getting to and from the gimbal. Your lack of video could also go as far as the core board, but I try to substitute the cheaper parts before I go doing the more expensive parts.

Here is a picture of the gimbal control board:

View attachment 20822 View attachment 20823

Well I mean the white connector in the right corner. Do I have to connect anything to that?

I can't find the gimbal control board as a part to buy, is it a sub-part of another part?

I have a similar problem after a crash, I have replaced the ribbon and the video cable, and still no video or movement. The MP seems to be fine otherwise and says its ready to take off. I get a camera error on the app. The forward sensors are working fine, these are connected to the camera control board, which makes me thinks it could be ok? Maybe its the camera? Any advice would be appreciated! Brian in Ireland

I have a similar problem after a crash, I have replaced the ribbon and the video cable, and still no video or movement. The MP seems to be fine otherwise and says its ready to take off. I get a camera error on the app. The forward sensors are working fine, these are connected to the camera control board, which makes me thinks it could be ok? Maybe its the camera? Any advice would be appreciated! Brian in Ireland
are you getting Video feed but no gimbal movement?

When I troubleshoot gimbals, I always try to gt video working before anything else. Try to connect your LVDS cable directly to the gimbal PCB without attaching the gimbal ribbon cable. See if you get video. If not, either your cable, gimbal PCB, camera barrel or core board are to blame.

Thank you so much for your advice! I will try your suggestion. In your experience which component would you try next?

Still no video with the ribbon disconnected. Would you recommend trying a new camera control board at this stage? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15