DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Overload Error - Works when keeping sideway

tioxx

Reactions
Hi there,
I constantly get Gimbal Overload errors after start up (Never had a crash or anything similar).
The funny thing is that the gimbal works normally when booting the Mavic keeping it sideways. In that case it works for a couple of minutes, after that it starts to go crazy and twists and turns in every direction. Is it possible that my ribbon cable is broken? Any advice?
Thanks for your help.

Hi there,
I constantly get Gimbal Overload errors after start up (Never had a crash or anything similar).
The funny thing is that the gimbal works normally when booting the Mavic keeping it sideways. In that case it works for a couple of minutes, after that it starts to go crazy and twists and turns in every direction. Is it possible that my ribbon cable is broken? Any advice?
Thanks for your help.

The gimbal overload on my Mavic 2 Pro started randomly for me a few months ago and now has started to occur every single flight. Can’t even use the camera at all. DJI support sent me a list of steps to try, like refreshing the firmware, calibrating the gimbal, IMU, etc. and nothing worked. It’s now sent in for repair. Apparently from searching around on forums, it’s a quite common issue.

Reactions: tioxx
Hi there,
Thanks for your help.

Hello,
What you describe is exactly my current problem.
Please, tell me you found a solution!
I don't want to send it off ($$$).
I don't want to replace a ribbon cable if that's not the problem.
ETC.
Did you find a fix???

Hello,
What you describe is exactly my current problem.
Please, tell me you found a solution!
I don't want to send it off ($$$).
I don't want to replace a ribbon cable if that's not the problem.
ETC.
Did you find a fix???
Hi, yes now it works perfectly, I replaced the ribbon cable which was quite costly and you need a lot of patience. However after the fix it seamed to work but when it was windy and the mavic was not really stable the gimbal started to shake and turn again... So after that i calibrated the IMU again and the problem was gone! Hope it helps!

I only had that happen once and when it happened I had just changed the battery and put a new fully charged one in, but what I noticed was that I never shut off the remote control before I tried to turn the drone on, so I shut everything off and then I turned on the remote control first and let it connect and then I turned the drone on and it was normal, I haven't had any more problems with the GIMBAL,
Hope that this

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+