DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal protector

No you can’t. The gimbal would be unable to move with the cover still on. Leaving it on could damage the motors.

Reactions: Drone Master
Just curious why you would want to?

Oh gotcha. I guess I was thinking the video resolution would not be very good through it.

So Just curious, with the MP is the cover just a cover and not a gimbal lock?

Yes. The gimbal “lock” is a separate piece from the cover. That how it ships from DJI. I now use an after market 1 piece cover and lock for convenience. With the vulnerable ribbon cable on the MP/MPP I have flown with just the cover while exploring new ideas with potential obstacles. That video is just for my research. Not so concerned about hi quality.

Yes. The gimbal “lock” is a separate piece from the cover. That how it ships from DJI. I now use an after market 1 piece cover and lock for convenience. With the vulnerable ribbon cable on the MP/MPP I have flown with just the cover while exploring new ideas with potential obstacles. That video is just for my research. Not so concerned about hi quality.
Ah, thats cool, i like the idea of being able to fly with the cover over the camera when needed.

Seeing the quality of Iphone photo's has finally weaned me off of cheap protective lens filters and removing the lens cap for every shot on my mirrorless...You can destroy a lens but it's really not all that easy. A gimbal lock is a different story

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13