DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Protectors

I'm using the PolarPro Gimbal guard for my Mavic Pro Platinum.

I never saw that gimbal lock for my M1P but I would have purchased one if I had. Surely PP will come out with something similar for the M2's. <fingers crossed>

Locking tab is starting to fail and will no doubt break soon.

My experience indicates that you are probably correct, unfortunately. I did make a tempo fix with a plastic welder but I doubt it will last long either. The good news is, f/Stop is sending me a replacement but I'd still like a better solution more in line with FoxHallGH's M1P protector.

But what I REALLY want is for DJI to add a magnetic heading readout in Go4. I also see no reason why they can't include the current wind speed and direction at the drone's location as the aircraft has all the necessary data to make the calculation. Then again, adding more work for the processor has its consequences, too.

I don't have any complaints about the quality of the gimbal protector. I don't have a problem with its fiddly construction, as I can see that it holds the gimbal in place effectively and therefore does its job correctly.

What does annoy me is that it is SO well designed it's way too easy to forget about... because so far, I've forgotten to remove it 100% of the times I've fired up my M2P! I've now stuck one of the warning stickers I took off back on the top of the Mavic as a visual prompt, while I think about how to add a big bright orange "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" tag to the gimbal guard.
:D:D:D That’s hilarious …me too. But now I do a quick inspection: props, ventilation ports, gimbal etc. seems to work for me.
Regarding the OP: no problems with the protector but I do find it goes on easier if the drone is upside down.

I also picked up that gimbal protector and within a couple days of use, both front tabs broke off. I temporarily fixed the problem with a plastic welder but for sure the fix won't hold permanently. SunnyLife is allegedly sending me another but it's been a couple weeks at least and no cover.

hey guys... i have this one from SunnyLife...soo far its been good, no issues puting it on/off for my M2Pro heres the Amazon link;
Sunnylife Gimbal Camera Protective Cap Lens Cover for DJI Mavic 2 PRO Drone Accessory https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JBTPCQ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Q6HmCb94J841CView attachment 57953View attachment 57954View attachment 57955

I have one of those but I am no longer using it. Back to DJI protector. The reason is that this protector, while easy to put on invariably falls off in the case because the latch lip is too large (extrudes too much). Once unlatched, it really does not protect that well anymore. Of course the nice part of it is that each time I remove the M2P from the soft case, the protector is already removed! :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998