DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Ribbon in Australia??

_Fritz_

Reactions
I use my Mavic to exercise my dog :D Fast and low.
He absolutely loves it and is convinced he can catch it. Wears him out in 25 minutes as opposed to the usual 2 hours.
Naturally, and this came as no surprise, I ended up using a large solid object as an incredibly efficient braking mechanism.
So now my gimbal won't move. The camera still outputs video which is a relief but it refuses to calibrate.
Upon further inspection, I found that I have damaged the ribbon cable.
What I am looking for is if anybody that knows where I can buy a new ribbon cable that is actually stocked in Australia.
Ebay, Alieexpress, Banggood etc all have them but it seems China post is pretty bad and I'm really not interested in waiting 6 weeks for it to arrive. Plus I'm not entirely sure on which one to buy. They all say Mavic Pro gimbal ribbon cable, but the images are different.

Apologies for the crap picture.

gimbal.png

Update
Extremely impressed with the postage speed for the Ribbon I bought from ebay. (paid for express)
Purchased on Sunday, Public Holiday on Monday. Delivered Wednesday Morning.
Item: New Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable layer Accessories For DJI Mavic Pro | eBay
Seller: ifast4u on eBay

Last edited:
I use my Mavic to exercise my dog :D Fast and low.
He absolutely loves it and is convinced he can catch it. Wears him out in 25 minutes as opposed to the usual 2 hours.
Naturally, and this came as no surprise, I ended up using a large solid object as an incredibly efficient braking mechanism.
So now my gimbal won't move. The camera still outputs video which is a relief but it refuses to calibrate.
Upon further inspection, I found that I have damaged the ribbon cable.
What I am looking for is if anybody that knows where I can buy a new ribbon cable that is actually stocked in Australia.
Ebay, Alieexpress, Banggood etc all have them but it seems China post is pretty bad and I'm really not interested in waiting 6 weeks for it to arrive. Plus I'm not entirely sure on which one to buy. They all say Mavic Pro gimbal ribbon cable, but the images are different.

Apologies for the crap picture.

View attachment 14715

I bought my spare cable of eBay from china. I buy lots from China and find the delivery times to Sydney to be generally very fast

Do you have the sellers name or a link by any chance??

Last edited:
Looks like I've deleted the emails, was about 3 months ago now, was buying spares just in case

Ah that's OK.
Just for a little experiment, I just bought 3 of them.
One from Alieexpress, one from Banggood, and another from Ebay (after narrowing down which one would more than likely have stock in Oz)
Expedited shipping on all of them.
So, now I'll just sit back and wait to see which one is that fastest and report back here when one arrives.

I'd still like to find a retailer in Australia. I'll buy one from them as well to see how quick they are.

No retailer hear yet that I can find but have done the same and have bought spares from China just in case and if I remember correctly they took about 14 to 17 days haven't got any ribbon cable yet but might put that on my next order just in case to lol my main concern at the time was spare arms

So far, I've only been able to find one online store here in Oz that has them listed.
Dji Mavic Pro Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable
They have a mobile number on their page, which is a massive plus. They get 10 points from me for that. So I sent them a text asking if they have any stock and they replied fairly promptly and said no, but they will have some next week. Best to check with them before you buy online as they don't seem to have a "brick and mortar store".

I also emailed DroneMode - Buy Drones Melbourne, DJI Mavic, Phantom 4, Inspire 1, on sale Quadcopters
They get 10 points as well for replying on a long weekend. It seems they can't get them because DJI hasn't made them available and they are sending all their drones to DJI to be repaired.
Cost is approximately $385 and about 3 weeks.

For the Ebay purchase. I narrowed it down to one seller by ignoring all sellers who had their location at Sydney, NSW or just NSW. (usually means their stock is in China)
This left me with 2 sellers. One in Lakemba, NSW and another in Rosewood, NSW.
Even though the one in Lakemba mis-spelt Lakemba in one part of the ad, they had sold 42 of them compared to the 1 sold from Rosewood. I chose them, paid for express post and I "should" have it by Wednesday. Take into account the incompetence of Australia post and the long weekend, I'd say Friday or Monday. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

From reading all the crash reports I also ordered the Gimbal mounting plate as a spare from the same place as the ribbon cable, what I don't have is the video cable

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom