DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal seizure fix/repair?

vashon100

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a fix or repair for the gimbal seizure (where it goes thru a reset in the middle of a flight)? I haven't kept up with the updates, having just kept it as was when I got it (Dec 2017). Have over 250 flights on it and pretty much get one seizure within my 3 battery runs now. Annoying, but tolerable.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone went from regular episodes to nil or none and what helped.

Last edited:
Your gimbal ribbon cable might need replacing. They are very delicate.

Thanks for the reply. Do you or anyone know of a case where the cable replacement fixed the seizure issue (I thought this camera issue was experienced by others based on threads I recalled)?

Thanks for the reply. Do you or anyone know of a case where the cable replacement fixed the seizure issue (I thought this camera issue was experienced by others based on threads I recalled)?

I repair Mavics every day. The cable has fixed the problems dozens of times.

I repair Mavics every day. The cable has fixed the problems dozens of times.

to take advantage of your experience,,, is there a emergency repair kit or list of parts that commonly wear out and should be carried in the kit? sounds like a gimble ribbon cable would be on there! maybe this should be a new thread?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123