DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Up

Stealthbomber

Reactions
Was in Iceland last week with the MA. Driving along I saw a golden opportunity for a flight. Massive mountain with a sheer cliff, about a 1000’ high, parking lot at the bottom, no one around, limited wind, sunny with a few clouds......golden! Got the drone out and ready. My plan was to fly close to the mountain and gimbal up to capture it and then fly backwards to capture its enormity. Flew to where I thought was good, I go to gimbal up and nothing. Gimbal wouldn’t go up. The drone was at the 400’ legal limit so I couldn’t see anywhere near the top. With the excitement of the moment I didn’t want to start messing with settings. I hoped for the best and just flew about a klm. straight back from the mountain. I didn’t think the top of the mountain would be in view even at the one klm out. Back at home now I quickly played all my drone vids and YESSS the mountain video was awesome (for an amateur like me). The top of the mountain was in view. BTW the next day before anymore flights I found the gimbal limit switch was on. Was awesome to have the Mavic air with us on this trip. Memories made! Here’s a drone pic of the
mountain before we got to it’s base.
FF5D05C6-C2A3-48AA-AEC8-7F0F74A655D8.jpeg

Could you not have flown towards the mountain, instead of away from it, and reversed the image sequence/video?

Nice capture either way.

What a great country to visit and film. Hope to someday. Nice pix

Reactions: Stealthbomber
Could you not have flown towards the mountain, instead of away from it, and reversed the image sequence/video?

Nice capture either way.
The outcome would be the same! The pic above is not the same location I was flying when capturing video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas