DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Upgrade?

Rob Dog

Reactions
I just had to use Refresh for my Mini and when I received the replacement, I was very happy to see that the gimbal will allow me to look up 20 degrees! I am using DJI Fly. Did I miss an upgrade? Very cool!!! Thanks

Reactions: Beamie
That feature may have been there all along for the mini 1. ?

It's a setting in the app.

The beloved Spark had the feature years ago. ☺️

But be aware that if you have the gimbal tilted upwards and move forwards the angle of up tilt may well be reduced.
Also be aware that large angles of downwards tilt of the gimbal can reduce maximum speeds in certain circumstances so if, for example, you were fighting a headwind reduce the downwards tilt of the gimbal.

Reactions: Beamie and Dronut
But be aware that if you have the gimbal tilted upwards and move forwards the angle of up tilt may well be reduced.
Also be aware that large angles of downwards tilt of the gimbal can reduce maximum speeds in certain circumstances so if, for example, you were fighting a headwind reduce the downwards tilt of the gimbal.
I've just noticed that having the gimbal at zero degrees tilt or higher (ie. level) also reduces the drone's speed. I can usually get 35 kph from the Mini 2 in Normal mode, but it reduces to 28 kph with the gimbal horizontal or higher. So it is something I have to be aware of whenever I use the controller button to reset the gimbal. Has anyone else noticed it?

I've just noticed that having the gimbal at zero degrees tilt or higher (ie. level) also reduces the drone's speed. I can usually get 35 kph from the Mini 2 in Normal mode, but it reduces to 28 kph with the gimbal horizontal or higher. So it is something I have to be aware of whenever I use the controller button to reset the gimbal. Has anyone else noticed it?
What are the angles of tilt of the drone when it is flying at 35kph and 28kph?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dronut
Just found this in the Mini 2's manual at the bottom of page 11
" During video mode in Normal or Cine mode, the flight speed is limited when the pitch of the gimbal
is near -90° or 0° in order to ensure shooting is stable. If there are strong winds, the restriction will be disabled to improve the wind resistance of the aircraft. As a result, the gimbal may vibrate while recording."
but I can not find anything similar in the Mavic Mini's manual

Reactions: Dronut
What are the angles of tilt of the drone when it is flying at 35kph and 28kph?
If it's at 0 degrees or higher it slows down to 28 kph (17 mph). If it's at around -83 degrees or lower it slows down about 12 kph (7 mph). Everything in between will let me do about 35 kph (22 mph). These speeds are in Normal Mode. I rarely use the other two modes.

I knew about the downward angle speed reduction but I must have missed the mention of the 0 degree reduction. I only noticed the speed reduction last weekend. Thanks PhiliusFoggg for the manual quote.

(Oooops!!! I just noticed this is the Mini 1 forum. Sorry for the hijack...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Dog
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter