DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glenn checking in from Sydney, Australia

inodes

Reactions
Hi All,

Brand new pilot here from Sydney, Australia. Purchased my very first drone, a Mavic Air on release a few weeks back. Have been flying it for a few weeks now, and loving it.

I took the Mavic Air out yesterday to the entrance to Sydney Harbour. There is a small gap there where it falls between Victor 1 (GA traffic at 500 feet), and Sydney Harbour (1500 feet down to 500ft). I flew well below this at roughly 150 feet to shoot the Ovation of the Seas, which turned 2 yesterday.

I fought 10m/s headwind coming back, so made the flight as quick as I could and didn't really trust the RTH function for fear of hitting the cliff on return (need to get used to this).

See: DJI_0066.MOV

Glenn

Reactions: Philc and dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic+Air/20180213/Mavic+Air+User+Manual+v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hi All,

Brand new pilot here from Sydney, Australia. Purchased my very first drone, a Mavic Air on release a few weeks back. Have been flying it for a few weeks now, and loving it.

I took the Mavic Air out yesterday to the entrance to Sydney Harbour. There is a small gap there where it falls between Victor 1 (GA traffic at 500 feet), and Sydney Harbour (1500 feet down to 500ft). I flew well below this at roughly 150 feet to shoot the Ovation of the Seas, which turned 2 yesterday.

I fought 10m/s headwind coming back, so made the flight as quick as I could and didn't really trust the RTH function for fear of hitting the cliff on return (need to get used to this).

See: DJI_0066.MOV

Glenn

Where exactly was this, your take-off point, North Sydney side ..?

Took off from North Head. It's more convenient, and as per Can I Fly There? it's the better side to take off from. (south head is home to the Navy base, so wouldn't take off from there).

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: inodes
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi Glen nice to have you aboard and I'm just down the road from you its great to hear your enjoying it lots of nice folks hear and plenty of good info. Enjoy and safe flying.

Hi Glen nice to have you aboard and I'm just down the road from you its great to hear your enjoying it lots of nice folks hear and plenty of good info. Enjoy and safe flying.

Thanks mel.m

Any good spots around the area you suggest shooting around Northern Beaches?
I am located in Neutral Bay, which is within the restricted zone attached the the harbour. However on the back part of this, there are some pretty spots on the inner harbour.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin