DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glitchy video, what could be the cause?

DaveC1964

Reactions
So today I turn on my Nexus 7 which yesterday didn't find the GO app. Now magically today it decides that it is now compatible. Great so I do all of the firmware stuff (new bird) and power and connect everything. Since I am still indoors and it is dark I decide to just poke around the app a bit to become familiar with stuff, no flight. It gives me a compass warning but that makes sense as the room is built on a slab, I am sure all of the rebar under there will cause havok with the compass. As I move the MA around I get the image on the tablet. The thing is that it gets stuttery, laggy and pixellated as I move the drone around. Sometimes it is ok then suddenly the image freezes briefly gets tiled then continues. The faster I move the drone around the worse it gets. If I just have the drone sit on a table it is mostly ok except once in awhile I will get pixelation for a few frames. It can't be range obviously as the drone is 2 ft from the controller. The tablet has most everything shut off as far as apps, it is dedicated to the drone. What could be the issue? Is the tablet too weak for the task? Is it just normal? or is something defective?

Last edited:
I have Samsung Tab S 8.4 and it is too slow for MA and DJO GO4 and that was top tablet in 2015 so how do you think that nexus from 2013 will work !? :)

I have Samsung Tab S 8.4 and it is too slow for MA and DJO GO4 and that was top tablet in 2015 so how do you think that nexus from 2013 will work !? :)
Better. Samsung isn't known for optimizing and is known for bloatware. When buying a tablet I first got a samsung to use, it was awful, laggy and choppy as hell. I got the nexus 7 and it was FAR smoother.

That should be compatible. Much though I dislike suggesting it - have you tried deleting and reinstalling the DJI Go app?
Well instead I updated the FW on the tablet. It was nagging me to update. So I figured I had nothing to lose. After the update it seems much smoother with few to no glitches.

Reactions: sar104
Better. Samsung isn't known for optimizing and is known for bloatware. When buying a tablet I first got a samsung to use, it was awful, laggy and choppy as ****. I got the nexus 7 and it was FAR smoother.

Well it can be optimized to fullest

BUT

Octa-core (4x1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 & 4x1.3 GHz Cortex-A7) with 3GB RAM Vs Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 with 1 GB ram

Please

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1