DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggle/drone case- my mistake

Hayabusa

Reactions
tsking a trip to Utah tomorrow through Sunday. Figured what better place to take the drone. So I ordered a case that holds both goggles and ac. Unfortunately I wasn’t thinking that far in advance and just realized it’s a handle to big for carry on. 1” my fault as I didn’t even look at dimensions. Just assumed they would have made the travel case kegal to travel.
Going to carry drone in small case under seat and put goggles in my carry on ( overhead) Who needs underwear?)
Seen some great footage online but need to find something relatively near.
Can’t wait!

Mike

Mike
Not sure what part of Utah you are headed but I'm in Salt Lake City and I went to the Salt Lake, Black Rock, west of the airport about 15 miles west. Cost 3 dollars to park but had a blast shooting and flying. Tomorrow I hope to go to the Bonneville Flats about 2 hours west of the city. Told you can drive out on the flats and a huge area to fly. Will try to catch some sunsetting pics and videos. Side note, I fly all the time and I wouldn't worry about the airline carry on bag sizes. I've never had an airline check the size of any bag.

Mike
Not sure what part of Utah you are headed but I'm in Salt Lake City and I went to the Salt Lake, Black Rock, west of the airport about 15 miles west. Cost 3 dollars to park but had a blast shooting and flying. Tomorrow I hope to go to the Bonneville Flats about 2 hours west of the city. Told you can drive out on the flats and a huge area to fly. Will try to catch some sunsetting pics and videos. Side note, I fly all the time and I wouldn't worry about the airline carry on bag sizes. I've never had an airline check the size of any bag.
I looked at the black rock site and most likely will go there. I fly in tomorrow but get in late afternoon and batts will need charging do most likely will miss tomorrow’s sunset. Does get dark there later.
Have Friday and Saturday to explore.
Thanks
Mike

I'm sitting in my hotel now, 8:45 and the sun is now setting (can't see exactly west from my location but by judging it, setting now). When you get to black rock, if you use gps or waze, you will get to a point where you go left or right, right takes you to the $3.00 park where left takes you closer to black rock. I went left but after a while my rental car could not handle the very rough pot hole gravel road and I had to go back to the park. If you have an option, rent a suv or pickup and you can get closer to black rock. One side of the park is the salt lake river and the other side is a marina. Both are worth flying around and you should get amazing video and pics. The harbor master had a drone, I was told, until the seagulls got it over the salt river. Keep your eyes open, lol. If I get out to the Bonneville flats tomorrow I will come back to this thread and let you know my thoughts and post any pics I got. From what I hear, it's worth the drive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000