DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles 3 Where is my flight logs ?

jmc667

Reactions
Hey everybody. Been using the Dji Goggles 3 with the mini 4 pro for a couple of months now, Haven't uploaded flight logs to Airdata in at least that long. So I started with the RC-2 controller, as per Airdata instructions ( manually upload file from PC) Everything uploaded fine, except I noticed all the logs were only from when I was using the controller w/o the goggles. So I plugged in the goggles to the computer and the goggles showed up as (e:) drive. I clicked on it. There were 2 folders " DCIM" which was empty. And a " MISC" folder. I see no flight logs. Also, while using the goggles, there are no photos or videos in the " album" tab when I select it. AND... The " record with both" tab in the goggles menu is greyed out, even while flying. I'm getting 4k video from the drone card though, so that is working. I'm using a 128gb Kingston canvas go plus card which was formatted in the goggles. What the heck is going on? Love the goggles with the the mini 4 pro, even more when the flight logs appear o_O Thanks so much

Try
1) instal the fly app on a phone, boot the app and log into your DJI account
2) switch the goggles on and connect the phone to the goggles via USB.

That's a guess based on other DJI goggles using drones.
If correct then it is likely that the 'normal' flight logs, .txts and DATs, will be downloaded from the goggles to the phone. You can then copy or move the logs to wherever.

From posts on the DJI forum I'd be inclined to start with fly app version 1.3.0 from Download DJI Fly APKs for Android - APKMirror the work forward until you find the earliest version of the App that is compatible with the goggle.
The reason being that with an FPV the DATs download from the goggles via 1.3.0 are readable whereas the same DATs download by a phone running a recent version of the fly app are NOT readable. I actually doubt that the DATs downloaded from the goggles vai any version of the App will be readable but it would be worth trying that experiment.
Readable DATs can be processed via CsvView. CsvView Downloads

any ideas about why I have no photos or videos in the " album" folder, or why the " record with both" tab is greyed out?
Thanks Yorkshire _pud , I'll try your suggestion today

Connect the goggles to a phone with DJI fly on and running, open your flight log page on DJI fly and wait about 30 secs or so to let it update (you'll see the progress at the top) (make sure the goggles are on aswell)
As for the goggles recordings, if set to record both, it'll be on the memory card you installed in the goggles. They won't appear in the DJI fly library. Only the ones recorded on the drone will appear in the DJI fly app. 👍🏻

Connect the goggles to a phone with DJI fly on and running, open your flight log page on DJI fly and wait about 30 secs or so to let it update (you'll see the progress at the top) (make sure the goggles are on aswell)
As for the goggles recordings, if set to record both, it'll be on the memory card you installed in the goggles. They won't appear in the DJI fly library. Only the ones recorded on the drone will appear in the DJI fly app. 👍🏻
With my FPV and phones, opening the flight log page in the fly app is not the best way to watch the progress.
That I remember using the phone's file browser and navigating to the "FlightRecord" folder and or the "MCDatFlightRecords" folder is better.

Reactions: tokertm
Well as I discovered today, neither my Samsung phone or tablet will run DJI fly anymore thanks to DJI. So it's got to be the goggles or the RC-2 controller. As for the goggle recordings, that is where the problem lies. In the goggles, the "record with both" is greyed out. I cannot select it, even when in the air. so I think that may be the reason the " albums" folder in the goggles is empty. pic & videos are yes on the drone, which I can access from the card on the drone. I can't imagine with all the goggles 3, mini 4pro, RC-2 setups that are out there, I'm the only one with this problem. There's got to be a way to do this with the goggles or the controller. This goes for the flight records also, or SHAME ON DJI. I don't care so much about access to pics & videos on the goggles, It's the flight records and " find my drone"

Well as I discovered today, neither my Samsung phone or tablet will run DJI fly anymore thanks to DJI.
For the purposes of this thread I have just installed fly app ver 1.14.1 on a samung S6 without a problem, except for the fact that I could not and can not find a download button on the page
DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI
All I can see is a QR code and as I wanted to download the apk to my computer ( I keep them there and then copy them via USB to teh phone's "Download" folder ) I don't know how to use a QR code to do that.
So, I had to download the APK from

The install went smoothly and I have just flown two indoor flights using a mini 2.

Unless the goggles 3 have some special requirement can you not not buy or borrow a similar OLD phone, instal the app on that and use that phone to download the logs from the goggles.
In fact I would suggest that you start with fly app version 1.3.0 from the above mirror site.
After all all you want is to get the logs off the goggles and all you need is the 'minimum' app that will do that and the minimum phone that will do that.
Who knows, the minimum app might, just might, give you readable DATs, which would be a BIG plus in my book.

With regards to you being unable to install the app on your current phone, it takes two to Tango so I have to ask does the problem lie with DJI or the Android version ?
I have just demonstrated that the install works perfectly well on my phone and in fact it went A LOT faster than previous fly app updates. It was actually so quick I wondered if it had failed.

Last edited:
OK. I have a Samsung tab A8, and downloaded v.1.3.0. Tried to open the app, kept closing, the it said " DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug, try updating the app... I'll keep trying

OK. I have a Samsung tab A8, and downloaded v.1.3.0. Tried to open the app, kept closing, the it said " DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug, try updating the app... I'll keep trying
Increment forward through the versions, how old is the A8?

Will do. Tab purchased Jan. 2024
Does that mean it is running an up to date operating system ? If so it might be security features in that operating system that are blocking the install.
That's why I suggested an old phone, you can probably get a 32Gb Samsung S6 for under £60 off ebay but if you go for one of those ask about the battery life, mine are beginning to die.

So your S6 is a phone, not Tab S6 correct? I see the phones on Ebay. What is the highest update it should have that will still work with the Fly app? The reason I ask is my Tab A8 worked with the Fly app when I first got it ( it was 2023 not
2024) then it did an auto update before I could disable it. I did an update on the goggles through DJI assistant 2 yesterday. while I was there, I clicked on "log export" I can see the Dat files. To bad DJI encrypts the files.

So your S6 is a phone, not Tab S6 correct?
Correct.
What is the highest update it should have that will still work with the Fly app?
No idea, at that time ( I needed a 64bit phone for the Mavic Mini ) I bought the cheapest compatible Samsung phone.
Since you probably won't be using such a phone to fly a drone I seen no reason for you to spend more money than is absolutely necessary.
That said I am satisfied with the screen of the S6 though I must admit a larger screen is better.

Forgot to ask you. What version of the fly app are you running on the S6? Sorry if this post came up again. I might of forgot to send it earlier. I didn't see it here before

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak476579