DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles Antenna upgrade time!

I dont know. I actually dont know why one would fly that far other than beating someones distance records) I like to fly not far than 1km but low and NLOS sometime. now my goggles works as they should - same range as m2p remote, thats it.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
To what Elton said.. You should do that and make Post a YouTube video of that mod. I am sure it would score lots of hits. If you need to a new pair to start with you have Elton :). I for one would love to see this mod on my Goggles RE as well. I can think of others personally who would love to do this as well.

just got antenna in my antenna box)
IMG_20181012_222808.jpg
thanks guys, but I live in severe Russia where bears walking on the streets and spies are insidious, I'm afraid its not quite safe to send anything here)
if I will have chance I'll make short video.

no parts required other than 2 150mm pigtails ufl/rp-sma.
you will also need screwdrivers and drill to produce holes.

cheers ;)

Last edited:
That's great!!! If you post a video would you let us know back here in this forum. I think you have the potential to score a lot of hits with the video even if it's easy. Nobody has an interesting vid let alone doing it for the purposes of the Mavic 2. I would suggest posting a link to your YouTube video in the comments section of other established drone YouTubers like Billy Kyle, Ken Heron, or Drone Valley. Perhaps email these guys. Check out digdat on YouTube too. He was one of the first to post mods to hack the Mavic among other things. Most of those drone dudes are pretty cool and will respond to emails. Hey if you need help editing I'd be happy to help but that's up to you and I'm far from you here in NJ USA.. We look forward.

I know this might be a novice question but, whilst using the goggles either Re or Standard ( white ones) with the normal RC Transmitter do the googles take over as the primary transmitter/receiver ???? I ask because it seems like i get better distance when not using the goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore