DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles for Mimi 2

Many threads on various 'non goggle supported' DJI drones in the past, and how you can use some of the DJI goggle options or other on the market.

Search results for query: mini 2 goggles

"relatively inexpensive" is totally subjective, and not much help for suitable replies.
You can get $20 'goggle' frames you can slide your phone into to get a reasonable FPV experience, at least enough to work out if you like it or not, or if it makes you feel nauseous.

I feel DJI white or RE goggles, and a HDMI adapter + metre of HDMI cable is reasonably inexpensive now.
Those 2 model goggles come up reasonably often here on the forum classifieds, obviously this place would be safe r to buy from than the web based selling sites.

Many threads on various 'non goggle supported' DJI drones in the past, and how you can use some of the DJI goggle options or other on the market.

Search results for query: mini 2 goggles

"relatively inexpensive" is totally subjective, and not much help for suitable replies.
You can get $20 'goggle' frames you can slide your phone into to get a reasonable FPV experience, at least enough to work out if you like it or not, or if it makes you feel nauseous.

I feel DJI white or RE goggles, and a HDMI adapter + metre of HDMI cable is reasonably inexpensive now.
Those 2 model goggles come up reasonably often here on the forum classifieds, obviously this place would be safe r to buy from than the web based selling sites.
Thank you for the reply I was hoping to spent less than $200.00 to see if it’s something I wanted to do

Lots of cheap options here.
You want CHEAP???? Here's what you buy...
Buy these VR goggles. Buy Litchi (about $25usd). Alternately or in addition, DroneVR ($10 for one model license).
Alternate goggles that don't need split visuals in the app are DroneMask, about $180.

I have all of the above and would tell you to, for sure, buy Litchi. Even if you don't use it for FPV the autonomous flight programming is worth every penny.
The advantage of DroneVR is that in the app it has an adjustment for pupilary distance, which makes it easier to see. It has a jet airplane gestalt to it (if selected) and is very cool.
I think both Litchi, and for sure DroneVR have settings so you just turn your head and the drone/camera points where you point your head. Very spooky at first.

I've had a few cheap pairs of VR goggles and the Shinecon set is, IMO, the easiest to work with and lightest weight. Also with the coupon you won't beat $23. The DroneMask is by far the heaviest and has its advantages and disadvantages even though it is relatively expensive compared to other non DJI goggles.

1672710826538.png
1672710915038.png

Reactions: timzturn
FPV w Mini 2 interests me too. I am hesitant to use Litchi as it would apparently void DJI Care if Litchi was used during an accident/issue. Do you have to connect a cable from phone/goggles to the controller still? Thx.

FPV w Mini 2 interests me too. I am hesitant to use Litchi as it would apparently void DJI Care if Litchi was used during an accident/issue. Do you have to connect a cable from phone/goggles to the controller still? Thx.

Using goggles you do have to cable connect.
Go to YouTube and search >Mini 2 FPV goggles
You should get enough info there to make it happen and learn about the pros and cons.

Yes. There needs to be a cable from the controller to the goggles. I'm not sure how using Litchi would necessarily create an issue with DJI Care. If you have the C/R subscription and send them a crashed bird, I don't think they will be taking the time to run diagnostics on it. There just wouldn't be time. It doesn't fit their business model. You send it in and they send you a refurbished replacement in a day or so after they get it. In full disclosure, I haven't crashed with Litchi yet and only had one claim where my Mini 2 had a cracked hull from a fall from a table.

FWIW, Litchi isn't my favorite FPV largely because it has no adjustment for pupliary distance which is then limited to the goggles. DroneVR has better adjustments, though the HUD is a little harder to read. I think it's $10 for a single drone and $20 for multiple drones. I think Drone VR supports a secondary monitoring device. And while I haven't used it and tried Litchi Vue, I think there is enough latency and poor resolution that the value of that feature is limited. Still, flying VR FPV is still a different immersive flying experience and worth trying out for limited cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: I like to fly
I have the DJI black Racing Edition goggles. Will they work with the Mini 2 and will I need a USB cable to attach it to the controller to make it work?

I have the DJI black Racing Edition goggles. Will they work with the Mini 2 and will I need a USB cable to attach it to the controller to make it work?

Yes, that's all you should need to do.
A HDMI to USB type C (I think ?), and say a metre of Type C cable to suit to join them up.

I have the RE goggles and use them this way with my Spark, that having the Micro USB type adapter and cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos