DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles re wont power on.

Mav.phant.inspire

Reactions
I have an older friend who bought dji racing goggles re. He used them a couple times, then didn’t use them for a while. Now they wont power on he sent them to me and I’ve tried a couple things with no luck... this is exactly what happens. With the fully charged goggles and headband securely connected, i press once and then press and hold the power button the four white leds fire up, then do the usu dji light sequence, then turn off after 3 seconds. The screen never turns on and the green led on the headband comes on for about 2 seconds.

then didn’t use them for a while

I'm not sure if the RE battery is lipo ?
They don't say in specs, only that it's 9440 mAh.
If lipo, (and maybe other battery chemistry too), it may have sat too long and the battery has gone to sleep in it ?

It happens with drone lipos . . . but this is a little different where the goggles can be turned on briefly.

I suppose you have tried turning them on when on the charger ?
This sometimes 'wakes up' drone lipos when they have gone to sleep.

Let us know how you go if you manage to fix them.
I use my RE goggles as often as I can, still getting into the new viewing experience.

Good ideas thanks, I tried plugging it in through the USB port on the stock Mavic 2 charger; same thing. Might try on a higher amperage. Do both the goggles and headband have battery’s or just the headband?

Battery could be shot my white set did the same thing had them In the backpack and the foam must of been pushing on the button and keep them on contacted DJI they replaced the head band for free of course the warranty was still good so afterwards I took them apart when traveling/storing then they don't turn on when apart.

Battery could be shot my white set did the same thing had them In the backpack and the foam must of been pushing on the button and keep them on contacted DJI they replaced the head band for free of course the warranty was still good so afterwards I took them apart when traveling/storing then they don't turn on when apart.

Yeah, having the 2 parts together in such a foam could be an issue there.
Cut foam out as required ?

I got the DJI silver bag to keep mine in, you seperate the goggles and headband, and there is a small internal pocket to put the goggles, the headband fits fairly nice around that in the main area.

I pack these very carefully in checked bag, in the middle with clothing and other such all around them.
My main kit in the cabin is in my drone bag, and unfortunately I'm just under the standard 7kg cabin allowance with that.
If I wasn't such a tight ar . . . wad, I'd pay those blood suckers the extra $23 (each way !) for up to 12kg cabin, and take it in there too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rattydude77
Id guess, depending on how your friend stored them & for how long they were sitting unused, that its likely they were inadvertently powered on, and eco mode was turned off (in settings, wouldve turned RE off after 30min of non use) then the lipo wouldve been discharged til its PCB kicked it off and disconnected it.

1) Put on the charger overnight, even if its showing fully charged
2) Unplug, try to power on, if no go.
3) Plug back in, try to power on, if still nothing, then...

Connect to PC, and try to refresh fw using DJI Assistant 2.

You might have to re-activate the goggles. It wont be a real activation, but weird things happen internally when completely disconnected from its power source.

A refresh of fw will likely clear things up, even though itll be a pain in your but since your not the owner, but doable in a few hours.

If not, DJI needs to be called. Sorry for ya on that one!

Good luck

Reactions: Mav.phant.inspire
You might want to pull the band and screen unit apart and have a look at the connectors, etc.

Theres some somewhat elaborant connections going on there and w/o care during mating, could be bend or otherwise left unconnected, even though it clicked in and sounded good.

Just had issue with my goggles ... after sitting for about a year I took them out to charge up ... battery was down probably dead ... charged overnight and got full charge... turned them on and they wouldn’t boot up .. got only Dji grey screen showing ... connected to assistant and they weren’t even recognized as being hooked up... sent to DJI and they said goggle part is bad and new one is $286...
don’t know why that should be .. just from battery dying completely would wipe out programming? Crazy and I’m pissed !
not under warranty I bought them used from someone in this forum..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50