DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles Vs Line of Sight

Current policy is to follow a community based organization's (i.e AMA)
The current policy also states you must follow the existing rules -- which state the pilot must maintain VLOS. CBO rules should never be followed if they conflict with US law.

The current policy also states you must follow the existing rules -- which state the pilot must maintain VLOS. CBO rules should never be followed if they conflict with US law.

Where is the existing policy (US Law) that says ONLY the pilot is allowed to maintain VLOS? With that logic, everyone who has ever flown via goggles (racing fpv), etc has been breaking the rules

Recreational Fliers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations

You're correct. People have been breaking the law for many years. And many more people have been breaking that law by flying BVLOS (without goggles).

Thanks. I stand corrected. I get that the occasional person may break that only the pilot is allowed to maintain VLOS (with or without an observer) but I dont see how organized events that include FPV drone racing (outdoors) can get away with it. This is a perfect scenario where AMA certainly contradicts the FAA.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs